Read here 35 interesting facts about the famous actress Sandra Bullock!
1. Her full name is Sandra Annette Bullock.
2. She won an Academy Award for her leading role in the 2009 film The Blind Side
3. She married Jesse Gregory James in 2005, and the couple divorced in 2010.
4. Bullock’s role in the 1995 hit romantic comedy, While You Were Sleeping, was originally meant for Demi Moore.
5. Bullock first became widely known for her role in the 1994 hit Speed. “Everyone told me not to do Speed,” she tells The Virginian-Pilot. “I mean, it looked like I’d be just ‘the girl,’ [but] I’ve learned to do things by instinct.”
6. While she was working on Two If by Sea (1996), discovered she is allergic to horses.
7. She voices the character Scarlett Overkill in the 2015 film Minions.
8. As a child, Sandra played a beggar in one of her mother’s operas, but almost upstaged the lead.”What they did was throw up these chocolates…like a bravo,” she told Vogue,”and I hit the ground, crawling.”
9. In 1998, she forms her own production company Fortis Films, which her younger sister Gesine helps run. She signs a production deal with Warner Bros and makes some successful movies like Hope Floats, Two Weeks Notice, Miss Congeniality among others.
10. Bullock starred alongside Matthew McConaughey in A Time to Kill, and they begin dating. “I just look at her and I think, Wow!” McConaughey tells In Style. “But she doesn’t know how beautiful she is or how much people like her. She’s just so regular about everything.”
11. She was born on July 26, 1964, in Arlington, Virginia, to a German musician family.
12. Her mother is Helga (Meyer), a German opera singer, and her father is John W. Bullock, a U.S. voice teacher from Alabama.
13. She has a son named Louis and a daughter named Laila.
14. Sandra has a longtime friendship with actor George Clooney. She also did a movie called “Gravity” with him in 2013. Not only she but her son Louis shares a great repo with Clooney.
15. Bullock went to East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina, to study acting, but left college only three credits shy of her bachelor’s degree.
16. She is the first female star to carry a film past $200 million.
17. Bullock grew up largely on the road. She studied music and dance while she traveled throughout Europe, and made her first stage appearance at the age of 5 in a small role for an opera in Nuremburg, Germany.
18. Once a 39-year-old trespasser, Joshua Corbett reached her L.A. house, who seemed like a crazy fan, but he didn’t harm anyone and was later taken by the police.
19. She did several B-grade movies and appeared on the ill-fated NBC sitcom Working Girl.
20. When she was 12, her parents returned to Washington where she attended the Washington-Lee High School. She was popular at school and was on the cheerleading team and participated in theater productions.
21. She opts for Chinese herbalist and acupuncturist over chemicals like Botox to maintain her youthful appearance with less chance of side-effects.
22. She can still speak German today.
23. Despite her busy schedule, she very well manages her business ventures. She owns a production company “Fortis Films”, a restaurant “Bess Bistro”, Walton’s Fancy and Staple bakery, and is an executive producer of the George Lopez sitcom.
24. She had a string of hit movies: While You Were Sleeping (1995), The Net (1995) and A Time to Kill (1996), Two If By Sea (1996) and Speed 2: Cruise Control (1997).
25. She once dated former NFL star of Dallas Cowboys, Troy Aikman.
26. She left to go to New York City to pursue her acting dream and joined the Neighborhood Playhouse Theatre. She took acting classes, and supported herself with waitressing and bartending work.
27. In 1993, Bullock replaced Lori Petty in the futuristic Sylvester Stallone vehicle Demolition Man, but critics largely panned the film as “incoherent” and “one-dimensional.”
28. She often backs American Red Cross, and till now, has donated $1 million to the organization at least 4 times. For her charities, she was honored with the Favorite Humanitarian Award at the 2013 People’s Choice Awards.
29. She attended the humanistic Waldorf School.
30. Sandra was considered for the lead in Runaway Bride (1999) but it went to Julia Roberts instead.
31. She is accompanied by only 4 actresses to win both the Oscar for Best Actress (The Blind Side) and the Razzie for Worst Actress (All About Steve).
32. She is very fond of her 2 pet dogs, Ruby and Poppy. She has designed special seat-belts for them to ride safely in her car.
33. With a net worth of around $200 million, along with big hits, huge salaries, and flurry of awards, she is counted among the Most Powerful by Forbes.
34. She now dates model and photographer Bryan Randall.
35. In order to prepare for her alcoholic character of Gwen Cummings in 2000s “28 Days”, she went to a rehabilitation clinic for research.