Read them here!
1. She is an Israeli-born fashion model who topped the 2012 Maxim Hot 100 list at number one.
2. She has worked with magazines like Elle and GQ.
3. She currently is the host of X Factor-Israel.
4. She was featured in commercials during her younger years while growing up in Israel.
5. She moved to the U.S. to pursue a modeling career rather than fulfill her country’s requirement for its residents to serve in the armed forces.
6. She has been a judge on Germany’s Next Top Model, hosted by Heidi Klum.
7. The 28-year-old beauty recently posted a pic of herself on Instagram indulging in a posh golden facial. This is not the first time the model has taken her love of facials to the extreme–prior to the taping of one X-Factor show, the model received a “vampire facial,” a treatment that involved using her own blood.
8. Her parents are ranch owners named Rafael and Tzipi. She was married to Arik Weinstein from 2003 to 2005.
9. Bar Refaeli’s bedroom scene with Israeli muppet Red Orbach was banned from prime time viewing in Israel. She has also had a billboard removed after the religious community objected to the fact the star appeared semi-nude in the ad.
10. In 2015, she married Adi Ezra.
11. Bar Refaeli’s mom was a one-time model and it did not take long for mom, Tzipi, to get her daughter into the business. By age eight, she had already starred in her first advertising campaign and started doing fashion work when she was fifteen.
12. In 2007, Bar Refaeli posed alongside Aerosmith, making her the first Israeli woman to appear in the swimsuit edition. Two years later, the supermodel made the cover of the 2009 SI Swimsuit edition.
13. Refaeli was eight months old on her first modeling shoot. She popped up in ads and commercials for the next 12 years, as her mother, Tzipi Levine, a successful model in the 1970s, took her from audition to audition. From age 12 to 15, Refaeli put her modeling career on hold and donned braces on her teeth.
14. The ultra-fit fashion model recently admitted she loves to indulge in french fries and her own home-cooked meals. Don’t ask her to cook in front of you though–with her travel schedule she said she doesn’t get to cook very often and would be embarrassed to cook in front of others.
15. A photo of the blonde, blue-eyed, 1.74-meter tall Refaeli lying seductively in a revealing white bikini was plastered along the length of a Boeing 737 as part of an advertising agreement between Sports Illustrated and Southwest Airlines. Passengers were up in arms over the racy image. In a series of American media reports in 2009, passengers were quoted as complaining about having to board an aircraft “covered in pornography” and “offensive to families.”
16. “My first watch was a Nike watch,” the woman who makes people turn their heads tells Style.com. “I was 10 years old, and I’d dreamt about it forever until my dad bought it for me.” Since then, the supermodel has added Rolex, Piaget and Hublot luxury timepieces to her collection. In 2015, Refaeli became the first female ambassador of Hublot, joining the Swiss luxury watch brand’s other celebrity-studded brand ambassadors, including Usain Bolt, Pelé, Dwyane Wade and Jay Z.
17. Models may be known for eating as little as possible, but this Israeli fashion icon loves a good hamburger, according to a local Israeli report from 2009. Refaeli is related to have said that if her jeans are loose around the waist, she can go get her favorite meal: hamburger and fries.
18. She’s been photographed over the years at NBA and Euroleague basketball games. And it wasn’t just for a snapshot with her famous ex-boyfriend Leonard DiCaprio. “I am a huge basketball fan,” Refaeli, sister to three brothers, told “I’ve been a fan since as long as I can remember. I don’t play sports, but I love watching. I’m always the girl that hangs with the men to watch the big games.”
19. For a GoDaddy Super Bowl commercial, Refaeli intimately kissed career nerd actor Jesse Heiman 65 times before producers of the expensive advertising spot considered it a perfect shot. “In the original breakdown [for casting], they said you have to be ok with kissing Bar Refaeli, a super model, in the Super Bowl,” Heiman told Business Insider. “And I was like, is this a question? If someone’s opposed to that, then he should get out of the business.”
20. Philanthropy and volunteer work is an important part of Refaeli’s life. Over the years she has been connected to non-profits that provide free services and programs for children facing life-threatening illnesses; animal-welfare projects; environmental campaigns to reduce the use of plastic bags and educate the public about water conservation; and has made a pitch for electric cars. Refaeli has also spoken out in support of legislation for civil marriages in Israel and LGBT equal rights.