Read them here: 1. Her nickname is The Pencil.
2. Before working with Ellen Pompeo in the 2002 film Moonlight Mile, Jake Gyllenhaal hit on her. “He wasn’t Jake Gyllenhaal then,” she told Playboy. “I didn’t know what to say, because he’d come over with these compliments and he’s much younger than I am. I just said, ‘Well, maybe we’ll work together someday.'”
3. On her very first day playing Leonardo DiCaprio’s lover in the movie Catch Me If You Can, Ellen Pompeo “had to have a simulated sex scene,” she later told the Chicago Tribune. “I can’t say it was difficult, but … it was a little awkward, sex with Leonardo DiCaprio on my first day.”
4. She has two children, one named Stella Luna and the other Sienna May.
5. She played Leonardo DiCaprio’s flight attendant in the film Catch Me if You Can.
6. When asked what famous woman would she like to make out with, Ellen Pompeo said, “Ooh! Angelina Jolie. She’s gorgeous. Or Sandra Oh.”
7. She married music producer Chris Ivery in 2007.
8. When Grey’s Anatomy first started, Ellen was making $200 per episode. She now commands over $350,000. Not a bad pay increase.
9. In her early acting days she supported herself by working as a bartender and was discovered at the SoHo Bar & Grill.
10. The couple welcomed their first daughter, Stella, in 2009 then in September 2014 they had their second daughter Sierra May via a surrogate.
11. She has five siblings. All of them are at least eight years older than her. She’s the baby of the family!
12. Actress known for her role as Dr. Meredith Grey on the television series Grey’s Anatomy. Her role earned her an Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series in 2007.
13. In an interview in 2014, Ellen confessed that after the end of Grey’s Anatomy, she does not think she will continue to act.
14. New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg was a witness at her wedding. Ellen and her hubby Chris Ivery married in a tiny civil ceremony, but that didn’t stop them from snagging one very impressive witness.
15. Ellen’s TV debut was in 1995, when she starred in Law & Order.
16. She was in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. But you’d never know it, because her entire role ended up on the cutting room floor!
17. She had a small role in Friends as the girl Ross and Chandler had a pact not to pursue.
18. In 2011, having been on Grey’s Anatomy for 6 years, she was named the ninth highest paid television actress, earning $7 million.
19. She and her husband met at a grocery store.
20. She has asthma.