Ciara is an American singer, songwriter, record producer and actress.
Let’s find out some interesting facts about her!
1. Ciara Princess Wilson was born October 25, 1985 in Austin, Texas.
2. She is the only child of Jackie Harris and Carlton Harris.
3. An army brat, she grew up in Germany, New York, Utah, California, Arizona and Nevada.
4. She was named after the Revlon fragrance “Ciara” which was introduced in 1973 and is still sold today.
5. During her teens, Ciara and her family moved to Atlanta, Georgia.
6. In her mid-teens, Ciara formed the all-girl group Hearsay with two of her friends.[who?] The group recorded demos, but as time went on, they began to have differences and eventually parted ways.
7. Despite this setback, Ciara was still determined to reach her goal and signed a publishing deal as a songwriter. Her first success was the song, “Got Me Waiting” for R&B singer Fantasia Barrino’s debut album, Free Yourself.
8. It was when she was writing songs that she met music producer, Jazze Pha, whom she called her “music soulmate.”
9. With his help, she signed a record deal with LaFace Records.
10. In 2002, the two recorded four demos, “1, 2 Step”, “Thug Style,” “Pick Up the Phone,” and “Lookin’ at You,” which all appeared on her debut album, which was released two years later. “1, 2 Step” was the second single released from it and became a hit.
11. In 2004, Ciara released her debut studio album Goodies, which spawned three hit singles: “Goodies”, “1, 2 Step”, and “Oh”. The album was certified triple platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), and earned her four nominations at the 48th Annual Grammy Awards.
12. She released her second studio album, Ciara: The Evolution, in 2006 which spawned the hit singles “Get Up”, “Promise”, and “Like a Boy”. The album reached number one in the U.S. and was certified platinum.
13. Her third studio album, Fantasy Ride, released in 2009, was considerably less successful than Ciara’s first two albums. However, it produced the international top-ten single “Love Sex Magic” featuring Justin Timberlake, which earned her a Grammy Award nomination for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals.
14. The following year, Ciara released her fourth studio album Basic Instinct, which was met with low sales and continued a downward trend in her commercial performance.
15. In 2011, she signed a new record deal with Epic Records, and released her self-titled fifth studio album, Ciara, in 2013 which was preceded by the U.S. R&B/Hip-Hop top-ten single “Body Party”.
16. In 2015, Ciara released her sixth album Jackie, which included the singles “I Bet” and “Dance Like We’re Making Love”. The album debuted at number 17 on the Billboard 200 and sold 19,000 copies, which made it her lowest first-week album sales to date.
17. Ciara has also transitioned into acting in 2006 she made her film debut it All You’ve Got, followed by Mama, I Want to Sing! (2012) and That’s My Boy (2012). In 2013, Ciara had a recurring role in the US TV series, The Game.
18. Since making her musical debut in 2004, Ciara has attained eight Billboard Hot 100 top-ten singles, including a number one. She has also earned numerous awards and accolades, including three BET Awards, three MTV Video Music Awards, three MOBO Awards, and one Grammy Award.
19. To date, Ciara has sold over 23 million records worldwide.
20. Ciara is married to Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson. They began dating in early 2015 and announced their engagement on March 11, 2016.
21. They were married on July 6, 2016 at Peckforton Castle in Cheshire, England.
22. On October 25, 2016, Ciara announced she was expecting her first child with Wilson.
23. Ciara has one child, born May 2014. from a previous relationship with rapper Future.
24. Ciara and Future were engaged in October 2013, but called off the engagement in August 2014.