Read here 60 amazing facts about the famous actress Jennifer Lawrence!
1. Her full name is Jennifer Shrader Lawrence.
2. She has two older brothers, Ben and Blaine.
3. Jennifer Lawrence was born in Louisville, Kentucky, on August 15, 1990.
4. She was a real tomboy growing up. When she was in preschool, she wasn’t allowed to play with the other girls because she was “too rough.”
5. She graduated from high school in two years with a 3.9 GPA.
6. Jennifer Lawrence was born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky, to Lawrence & Associates construction owner Gary Lawrence and children’s camp manager Karen (Koch) Lawrence.
7. She earned her first Academy Award nomination for her leading role in the 2010 independent feature Winter’s Bone.
8. Lawrence was an athletic child, involved in cheerleading, field hockey and softball, and thought she might be a doctor when she grew up.
9. She did some modeling and community theater, but never dreamed that she’d become an actress.
10. Jennifer is of English, German, Irish, and Scottish descent.
11. While growing up and in between acting, Lawrence served as an assistant nurse at the children’s summer day camp that her mother ran.
12. Lawrence’s big break came when she was discovered at 14 while on spring break in New York with her family. A stranger asked to take her picture and took her mother’s phone number, then called the next day to ask her to do a screen test.
13. Things happened quickly after that: Lawrence stayed in New York City for the summer, acting in commercials for MTV and filming the 2007 thriller Devil You Know with Lena Olin (the film was shelved due to lack of distribution and was eventually released in 2013).
14. Soon after, Lawrence and her family moved to Los Angeles, where she had small roles on the series Medium, Monk and Cold Case, before landing a part on the TBS series The Bill Engvall Show. While working on the series, she also appeared in feature films like The Poker House and The Burning Plain alongside Charlize Theron and Kim Basinger.
15. After The Bill Engvall Show was canceled after three seasons, Lawrence went on to appear in the critically acclaimed Winter’s Bone in 2010, which earned her nominations for an Academy Award, a Golden Globe and a Screen Actors Guild Award.
16. In 2011 Lawrence appeared in The Beaver with Mel Gibson, Jodie Foster and Anton Yelchin, and played Mystique in X-Men: First Class.
17. In 2012, Lawrence played Katniss Everdeen, the lead in The Hunger Games, the film adaptation of a novel by Suzanne Collins.
18. The film broke box-office records on opening weekend, and Lawrence was asked to reprise her role for The Hunger Games: Catching Fire in 2013.
19. Other 2012 releases included the thriller House at the End of the Street, co-starring Elisabeth Shue, and two dramas with Bradley Cooper: The Falling and Silver Linings Playbook, which has garnered several award nominations, including a Golden Globe nomination (best actress in a comedy or musical) for Lawrence.
20. She took home the Academy Award for best actress in February 2013. Lawrence seemed overcome with emotion as she accepted the honor. In her characteristic frankness, she told the audience that “this is nuts” and went on to thank the cast and crew of Silver Linings Playbook.
21. Her film “House at the End of the Street” was delayed and nearly slated for a straight-to-video release, but Lawrence’s Oscar nomination for “Winter’s Bone” put it back on track, pushing the horror film to a surprising $42 million haul.
22. After considering the effect of the role of Bella Swan on Kristen Stewart’s personal life, Jennifer initially turned down the role of Katniss Everdeen. Three days later, she accepted the role.
23. The talented Ms. Lawrence has no formal acting training. In fact, she wasn’t even enrolled in the drama program at her school, but she did perform in local theater from an early age.
24. She auditioned to play Bella Swan in Twilight, but Kristen Stewart landed the part.
25. The first job Jennifer booked was a promo ad for MTV’s reality show My Super Sweet 16. Thankfully, Ms. Lawrence is nothing like this in real life. She’s just really good at her job.
26. For the film Winter’s Bone, Lawrence wound up actually killing and skinning a squirrel in the film.
27. Once, a tabloid was going to run a story about JLaw having an affair with one of her co-stars. JLaw’s publicist alerted her to the story, and she was allowed to choose who she was “having” the affair with. She chose Bradley Cooper over Samuel Claflin.
28. After filming X-Men: First Class in London, JLaw had to fight to get the security deposit for her Notting Hill apartment back because she had stained the bathtub blue from her makeup as the character Mystique.
29. JLaw says John Stamos is one of the celebrities she was most excited to meet. They met at a party, and she kept referring to him as “Uncle Jesse.” She was fangirling so hard he asked her if she was on ‘shrooms.
30. J-Law could have been on our radar years earlier if the makers of Superbad had decided to cast her in the role of Jules. Instead, they wound up casting somebody else.
31. She played a mascot on Monk. No word on if she was the one in the suit for the entire episode, or if they just swapped out some poor bastard for the one shot that required a human face.
32. Lawrence wouldn’t stop saying that she couldn’t sing, but the song she performs in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 still went on to become a hit, reaching number 12 on the Billboard Hot 100.
33. In early 2015, Lawrence, Cooper and Silver Linings Playbook director David O. Russell signed on to bring the story of inventor Joy Mangano to the big screen, with Lawrence taking on the lead role.
34. She claims to be the “fastest pee-er ever.”
35. In October 2015 Lawrence wrote an essay, which was featured in Lena Dunham’s feminist newsletter Lenny, entitled “Why Do I Make Less Than My Male Co‑Stars?”
36. JLaw’s family owned a horse farm when she was growing up in Kentucky.
37. Discovering she was paid less than her American Hustle male co-stars via the Sony hacking scandal, Lawrence ultimately blamed herself for not negotiating for more pay.
38. However, Lawrence admitted she didn’t fight for a better salary because she was afraid of how she’d be perceived. “I would be lying if I didn’t say there was an element of wanting to be liked that influenced my decision to close the deal without a real fight. I didn’t want to seem ‘difficult’ or ‘spoiled,’ ” she confessed.
39. The 2013 Oscars was Lawrence’s lucky night. But before walking up the stage to claim her Best Actress Oscar, she touted the red carpet, carrying a phone, almonds, a Baby Ruth and Laffy Taffy in her purse.
40. In her own fiery way, Lawrence concluded she would no longer tolerate inequitable pay for fear of being less liked. Her essay caused a great deal of buzz in the media about ongoing gender wage gap issues.
41. JLaw trained with a four-time Olympian archer from Georgia (the country, not the state) to prepare for her role as Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games.
42. Lawrence auditioned for the role of Lisbeth Salander in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, but the role went to Rooney Mara. She still has a picture of herself in character — goth, with tons of piercings — on her iPhone.
43. She dated her X-Men co-star, Nicholas Holt, from 2011 to 2013.
44. There was a swear jar on set the first Hunger Games movie, and JLaw contributed “at least half” because she “swears like a sailor,” according to director Gary Ross.
45. Her 19-year-old brother Blaine moved with her to New York when she was a teenager looking to break into acting professionally.
46. She was involved in an on-and-off again relationship with Coldplay’s Chris Martin, which reportedly ended in the summer of 2015.
47. She beat out a slew of talented actresses, including Blake Lively, Kirsten Dunst, Rooney Mara, and Anne Hathaway for the lead role in Silver Linings Playbook.
48. She once shot a Verizon commercial and got to meet the “Can you hear me now?” guy.
49. JLaw also shot a campaign for Abercrombie & Fitch, but the photos weren’t used. When her father called and asked why, the negatives were sent over to say “here’s why!” according to Lawrence.
50. She now lives in Santa Monica with her dog and plans to pursue directing.
51. In fact, she owes her Oscar to Hathaway. The Princess Diaries actress was originally cast in the film before dropping out. Lawrence stepped into the role, and ironically, both actresses won Oscars that year — Hathaway for Best Supporting Actress in Les Miserables.
52. It took eight hours for makeup artists to apply the blue makeup when Lawrence played Mystique in X-Men: First Class. For the movie’s sequel, Lawrence wore a bodysuit and only had to be painted from the neck up, so it took just three hours. During that time, Lawrence would stand or sit on a bicycle while her makeup was applied.
53. Lawrence got into a car accident in 2012 in Georgia (the state, not the country) because she thought she saw Honey Boo-Boo in a parade. It actually was a breast cancer parade, and the floats said “boobs” instead of “Boo-Boo.”
54. Her dream job as a kid was to be a doctor.
55. JLaw injured herself while training for the first Hunger Games when she ran into a wall.
56. While filming the second Hunger Games, she went deaf in one ear for an entire week.
57. Her favorite films include: “The Big Lebowski,” “Harold and Maude,” and “Midnight in Paris.”
58. She falls down. A LOT.
59. She also must be a huge Game of Thrones fan because she “freaked out” when she first met Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) on the set of X-Men.
60. Step aside, J.Lo — apparently, JLaw gets called “Jenny From the Block” sometimes, and even responds to it.