Learn them here!
1. Kristen Stewart was born in Los Angeles and then spent some of her early years in Colorado and Pennsylvania before moving back to Los Angeles with her family when she was 8 years old.
2. Despite her slender shape she loves cooking (and eating pies) she said: ‘I make really good pie. Apple pie, it’s the best.’ And this was backed up by her friend and co-star, Nikki Reed who said: ‘She was really into baking pies, and I’m really into eating pies, so it was a good balance.. I mean, she eats pies too. But that sounds weird, because she’s so small.’
3. Kristen is a woman of many talents, and learned to play the guitar when she played Joan Jett in the film biopic, The Runaways. And not just that, she also flexed her vocal talents and recorded six songs for the soundtrack.
4. She thinks she should be taller, but wont resort to wearing heels, saying: ‘I’m 5’6″. I feel like I should be taller. I feel like I’m smaller than my mental stature. I should be 5’10”. 5’10” would be very good.’
5. Her full name is Kristen Jaymes Stewart.
6. She had a highly publicized relationship with Twilight co-star Robert Pattinson from 2008 to 2013.
7. She became known for playing Bella Swan in The Twilight Saga, a role for which she won numerous Teen Choice and People’s Choice Awards. Her other films include Zathura, Panic Room, Still Alice, and Adventureland.
8. Her wardrobe is certainly stuffed full, but she also likes to have three of the same Balenciaga quilted biker jackets at £1,625 each! Kristen owns them in black, red and yellow.
9. She was raised the only girl among two brothers. Her oldest and biological brother, Cameron is 24. Her brother Taylor was adopted when he was 13 and he and Kristen are the same age.
10. She says her favorite snack is Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.
11. Since she grew up with a family who all worked behind the camera, Stewart thought she would become a screenwriter/director, but never considered being an actor. “I never wanted to be the center of attention – I wasn’t that ‘I want to be famous, I want to be an actor’ kid. I never sought out acting, but I always practiced my autograph because I love pens. I’d write my name on everything.”
12. She was raised the only girl among two brothers. Her oldest and biological brother, Cameron is 24. Her brother Taylor was adopted when he was 13 and he and Kristen are the same age.
13. Kristen’s first starring role was in ‘Catch that Kid’ with ‘High School Musical’ alum Corbin Bleu.
14. At age 8, Stewart was discovered by a talent agent while singing in a school play. Although Stewart has since become an actress and not a singer, she has performed her own vocals in two films, “Into the Wild” and “The Runaways”.
15. She shares her birthday, April 9, with actor Dennis Quaid who played her father in Cold Creek Manor in 2003.
16. She co-starred with Charlize Theron in the 2012 film Snow White and the Huntsman.
17. She debuted in the Disney Channel film The Thirteenth Year at the age of eight.
18. Kristen was nominated 3 consecutive years from 2003 to 2005 for the Young Artist Award, but never won.
19. She won a Cesar Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in the 2014 film Clouds of Sils Maria.
20. Her mother, Jules Stewart, is an Australian script supervisor. Kristen says Noosa Heads (a Queensland resort town) is one of her favorite places on the planet. Her Australian heritage also inspired the name of her dog, a border collie named Oz.
21. In between filming Twilight she served jury duty in LA. The case involved a man who allegedly requested sexual services from an undercover police officer. The jury found the defendant not guilty.
22. When she’s not escaping media intrusion, Kristen loves to surf.
23. Emile Hirsch was the man responsible for encouraging Twilight producers to take on Kristen. After starring together in Into the Wild, Emile suggested Kristen to Twilight’s director Catherine Hardwicke and the rest is history.
24. In 1999, Kristen featured in an advertisement for Porsche.
25. Kristen Stewart’s favorite song is Joan Jett’s ‘Love Is Pain.’
26. Shortly after Twilight: New Moon hit cinemas, Kristen was called for L.A. jury duty, spending three days debating a case in court.
27. A Middle Eastern prince donated half a million dollars to the Hurricane Sandy relief fund just to have a 15 minute conversation with Kristen at a benefit event!
28. Kristen Stewart actually knows how to pole dance – she learned for the role of a stripper in Welcome to the Rileys.
29. She only officially graduated at the age of 19 – due to her heavy filming schedule, that was the age Kristen finally received her high school diploma.
30. Although she is occasionally maligned in the tabloids for her boyish style, Kristen is a fashion darling, having served as the face of both Chanel and Balenciaga.
31. When she was given her César award, she was so nervous that her hands cramped up – she had to ask the presenter at the podium to hold her award for her. Awwwww!
32. Kristen’s naturally greenish eyes meant that she had to wear brown contact lenses for her character Bella in Twilight, moving on to red and amber contacts for the later movies.