You can read them in the list below!
1. Born in 1964, Monica Bellucci started modeling as a teenager.
2. After working as a model, she appeared in Bram Stoker’s Dracula and The Apartment.
3. In 2003, Bellucci appeared in the hit science-fiction sequel to the The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded, as Persephone. Her on-screen liplock with co-star Keanu Reeves was hot enough to earn the pair a nomination for best kiss at the MTV Movie Awards. She also appeared in the final installment of the series, The Matrix Revolutions, later that year.
4. Bellucci then turned her attentions to all things Biblical with the Mel Gibson-directed The Passion of the Christ (2004), playing Mary Magdalene to Jim Caviezel’s Jesus. This was followed by the fantasy-action caper The Brothers Grimm (2005), in which Bellucci played the Mirror Queen opposite Matt Damon and Heath Ledger as the title characters.
5. She studied law for a short while before deciding to go into modeling.
6. Bellucci later starred opposite Rachel Weisz in the 2010 true-life drama The Whistleblower and the 2011 Italian romantic comedy The Ages of Love with Robert De Niro. She also made headlines when she was selected to star opposite Daniel Craig as the next “Bond Girl” for Spectre (2015)—making her the oldest woman to play the superspy’s paramour in the James Bond film series.
7. She married Vincent Cassel and the couple had two daughters, Deva in 2004 and Leonie in 2010, before separating in 2013.
8. Bellucci went on to juggle Hollywood roles with parts in European films as well. She starred in Under Suspicion (2000) with Gene Hackman, and that same year she received accolades for her dramatic performance as a wife separated from her husband by war in the Italian language film Malèna.
9. Two years later, Bellucci starred in historical action drama Brotherhood of the Wolf with then-husband Cassel.
10. In 2015, she played the character Lucia Sciarra in the James Bond film Spectre.
11. Bellucci worked for designers Dolce & Gabbana and appeared in such magazines as French Elle.
12. She married photographer Claudio Basso in 1990, but the pair divorced in 1994.
13. After working in a few Italian films and on television, Bellucci was introduced to American audiences with Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992). Gary Oldman played the legendary vampire and Bellucci had a small role as his bride. Four years later, she earned great acclaim for her supporting role in the French film L’Appartmente.