Read them here!
1. On 7 October 1959, Eric and Julie Cowell welcomed little Simon into the world. The happy day took place in Brighton, East Sussex.
2. Simon is a vegetarian.
3. He is the only American Idol judge without a star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame.
4. Simon makes an appearance in Shrek 2 as a judge on Far Far Away Idol, proving that every talent competition needs a Simon Cowell.
5. It’s no secret that Simon loves wearing T-shirts, particularly loose, ratty ones. That doesn’t mean he’s above labels. He owns over 30 black Armani T-shirts.
6. It’s no secret that Simon loves wearing T-shirts, particularly loose, ratty ones. That doesn’t mean he’s above labels. He owns over 30 black Armani T-shirts.
7. He is the godfather of pop artist Sinitta’s adopted children.
8. He hijacked a bus with a toy gun firing peas. He was 12 years old. He was arrested for that.
9. He’s now engaged to makeup artist Mezhgan Hussainy. They met on the set of American Idol.
10. £120 million. That’s how much money Simon has made from The X Factor and other shows.
11. Simon says that he has used botox.
12. He dated Terri Seymour from 2002 until 2008. It’s believed that they broke up because Simon didn’t want to shack up.
13. After climbing the ladder at EMI, in the 1980s he and his boss Ellis Rich left to form E&S Music. Many jobs and partnerships later, Simon found himself so deep in debt in 1989 that he had to move back in with his parents.
14. Simon judged the first British Pop Idol contest in 2000. This is where he first displayed his meanie demeanour. He joined the American Idol panel in 2002.
15. Simon says that Christina Aguilera’s Beautiful is one of the best pop songs ever made.
16. Simon never did play well with others. After school he took a job as a runner on the set of Stanley Kubrick’s The Shining, but he didn’t get along with the bosses so he quit.
17. He claims that he often has “dark moods and miserable thoughts”.
18. It’s reported that naughty Simon attended 16 schools because of bad behaviour, but eventually he dropped out at age 16.
19. In 2003, Simon published an autobiography called I Don’t Mean to be Rude, but… What an apt, but predictable title. He details his life in the music business and also gives tips for being successful.
20. He is a television producer, executive, and celebrity judge who appeared on American Idol and The X Factor and produced America’s Got Talent.
21. He broke off his engagement to Mezhgan Hussainy in 2012. He had a son named Eric with Lauren Silverman on February 14, 2014.
22. He’s always been critical. When he was 4, he told his mother that her fuzzy, white pillbox hat made her look like a poodle.
23. He was an English A&R executive, but became famous for his brutal, yet honest comments to aspiring singers.
24. He has two nieces and a nephew. All three appeared in the audience at some time during the first season of Pop Idol.
25. Paula isn’t his BFF. Simon’s best friend is London neighbor Jacqueline St. Claire.
26. He’s into kids’ shows. Simon’s early productions under S Records include Teletubbies and the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.
27. Simon is allergic to lamb’s wool.
28. He got an early start on TV. Back in 1990, Simon appeared on the UK series Sale of the Century and won a set of kitchen utensils.
29. He’s made the reality TV rounds. Simon has appeared on Who Wants to be a Millionaire?, Cribs, and Punk’d.
30. Simon turned down an offer of £1 million to be the face of Viagra in 2007.