Read them in the list below!
1. Robert Pattinson was born on May 13, 1986 in London, U.K. His dad imported vintage cars from the U.S. and his mother worked at a modeling agency.
2. Pattinson is the youngest of three children, and the only son born to Robert and Clare Pattinson. During his childhood, his father ran a car-importing business and his mother worked for a modeling agency.
3. While filming Twilight, Robert Pattinson injured himself on his very first shot. “I wasn’t even doing a stunt. I was just trying to pick up Kristen Stewart and I almost tore my hamstring because I hadn’t been doing enough squats,” the actor told the Los Angeles Times. “It was very embarrassing.”
4. Many doubted he was good-looking enough for the role of Edward Cullen. “There was a call from the head of the studio,” Twilight director Catherine Hardwicke says about execs questioning Pattinson’s casting as Edward Cullen. “‘Are you sure you can make this guy handsome?'” Fortunately for fans, Hardwicke won out, and says of the star, “He’s obviously ridiculously photogenic, but he’s also so talented…I see him creating stylized, odd, wild, fantastical characters.”
5. He proved to be very hardworking and poured himself into the character of Edward. He showed up in Oregon, where the movie was filmed, months in advance of the shooting to work out with a trainer and dissect the script and other work from Twilight’s author, Stephenie Meyer.
6. Pattinson is the youngest of three children, and the only son born to Robert and Clare Pattinson.
7. Robert Pattinson began acting in school but first became widely known for his role as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
8. Pattinson first made his grand debut to the world as hunky Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
9. He loves “grand gestures” and likes to give presents. “I like to give people presents and I think of myself as the best gift giver,” he said, adding, “But only because I get stuff for myself and then make it work for the other person.”
10. Despite his sometimes shy personality, Robert Pattinson wanted to be a performer from an early age; first as a musician like his older sister Lizzy Pattinson. It was his father who strongly encouraged him to try out acting. During one memorable night out for dinner with his dad, the two found themselves sitting next to a group of young girls who told Pattinson they’d just returned from the Barnes Theater Club, a renowned theater program at the Harrodian School, a private school in Barnes, England, just outside of London.
11. Robert Pattinson was often taken advantage of by his older siblings. “Up until I was 12 my sisters used to dress me up as a girl and introduce me as ‘Claudia’!” the actor told the BBC.
12. Pattinson’s performances drew notice and in 2003, at the age of 17, he jumped from the stage to the screen, nabbing a role in the TV movie, Ring of the Nibelungs. The work required him to move to South Africa for several months, where the movie was being filmed. An unaccredited role in the movie Vanity Fair (2004) followed.
13. In between filming the second and third Twilight films, Robert took “some time off” to film Remember Me. This hardworking actor actually only had three days off between filming.
14. Pattinson wanted to be a performer from an early age; first as a musician like his older sister Lizzy Pattinson. It was his father who strongly encouraged him to try out acting.
15. Teen People magazine called him “the next Jude Law” while Screen International magazine labeled him a “British Star of Tomorrow.” It was heady stuff and, as Pattinson freely admits, it did indeed go to his head a bit.
16. While filming Twilight, he would have to wear gold-colored contacts for his role which he called “orange blobs”.
17. In 2012, Pattinson landed one of his most challenging roles yet, playing young billionaire Eric Packer in the drama Cosmopolis, which met with early success from audiences and critics alike. The film, directed by David Cronenberg, also stars Juliette Binoche, Paul Giamatti and Samantha Morton.
18. However, it was his role as Edward Cullen, the vampire at the center of the best-selling Twilight Saga,which turned him into a household name and meant his poster was up in almost all teenage girls rooms.
19. Robert seriously considered quitting acting because he couldn’t get any jobs and return back to London. A couple of days later, he auditioned for Twilight.
20. His audition for the role of Edward Cullen, a century-old vampire in love, took place in the bedroom of the movie’s director Catherine Hardwicke. Pattinson wowed both Hardwicke and his future co-star, Kristen Stewart, with his performance. “Everybody came in doing something empty and shallow and thoughtless,” Stewart told GQ. “But Rob understood that it wasn’t a frivolous role.”