Learn here 15 fun and interesting facts about the famous singer Adele, according to glamourmagazine.co.uk.
1. For 94 days she kept her son’s name a secret before it was revealed on her necklace: Angelo.
2. Ten bedrooms Adele’s mansion had, but she admitted only 9 out of 10 would ever be used. She’s subsequently sold the house and now lives in what’s described as “Hove’s Millionaire’s Row” in Brighton.
3. One tour she had to cancel because of a vocal cord haemorrhage. She’s also admitted that a lot of it was down to a turbulent relationship with a boyfriend.
4. The number of sugars she likes in her tea is two.
5. For thirty seconds Adele’s advert played for during the adverts of X Factor on 18 October 2015. She teased her new music, and the Twittersphere went wild with excitement.
6. The position Adele was the sixth on Forbes’ 2012 list of the world’s highest paid celebrities under 30.
7. For 4 times her album “19” went platinum in the UK.
8. For 23 weeks her album 21 spent at number one in the USA, making it the longest running in that top spot since 1985.
9. She holds 3 Guinness World Records. Firstly for being the first female to have two singles and two albums simultaneously in the UK Top 5, next for being the first female solo artist to hold the number one spot in the UK for the most consecutive weeks with her album ‘21’ (11), and finally 21 broke the record for the most cumulative weeks for a solo female artist at number one in the UK (18).
10. Four years Adele spent at the prestigious BRIT School where she graduated alongside classmates Jessie J and Leona Lewis.
11. She began singing since she was four.
12. She has 5 tattoos: two on her left wrist, one on each hand, and one behind her right ear.
13. She has won 86 awards, including 13 Billboard music awards, 10 Grammys, 1 Oscar, 1 Golden Globe and 2 Glamour Women of the Year awards.
14. The age she wrote her debut song, “Hometown Glory”, about her hometown of West Norwood in South London, was at 16.
15. The number of countries her album 21 reached number one in is 26.