Suspiria is a 2018 supernatural horror film.
Get ready for serious horror, if you have not seeing the movie yet and also, you will be amazed with Dakota Johnsons performance.
These are some facts about the movie you should know!
- The movie is directed by Luca Guadagnino.
- It is rodyced by Marco Morabito ,Brad Fischer ,Luca Guadagnino,David Kajganich,Silvia Venturini Fendi ,Francesco Melzi d’Eril,William Sherak ,Gabriele Moratti.
- It is based on the 1977 film directed by Dario Argento.
- It stars Dakota Johnson, Tilda Swinton in a triple role, Mia Goth, Angela Winkler, Ingrid Caven, Elena Fokina, Sylvie Testud, Renée Soutendijk, Christine LeBoutte, Fabrizia Sacchi, Małgosia Bela, Jessica Harper, and Chloë Grace Moretz.
- A remake of Suspiria was announced in 2008 after Guadagnino had acquired the option from the original film’s writers, Argento and Daria Nicolodi.
- Luka Guadagnino offered the project at first to director David Gordon Green, but it was canceled due to financing conflicts.
- In the first film you see exaggerated colors, but Lika Guadagnino conceived Suspiria as “winterish” and bleak, absent of primary colors.
- A few information about the plot: During the German Autumn of 1977, Susie Bannion, an American from a Mennonite family in Ohio, is admitted at the Markos Dance Academy in West Berlin. The academy is reeling from the disappearance of a student, Patricia Hingle, who vanished after paranoidly telling her psychotherapist, Jozef Klemperer, that the academy is controlled by a coven of witches. Journals left by Patricia in Klemperer’s office detail The Three Mothers, a trio of witches who predate Christianity: Mater Suspiriorum, Mater Tenebrarum, and Mater Lachrymarum. Klemperer, initially dismissive of Patricia’s claims, becomes suspicious of the academy after her disappearance. That is alla you need to know, so watch the movie!
- Principal photography began in Varese, Italy on October 31, 2016, and was completed in Berlin on March 10, 2017.
- To achieve a 1970s-style effect, the film utilizes numerous camera zooms typical of the period.
- Suspiria held its world premiere at the 75th Venice International Film Festival on September 1, 2018.
- Dancing is used as a key plot device in this movie but in the first movie it didn’t matter that much.