Denise Richards is an American actress and a former fashion model. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Denise Richards was born on February 17, 1971.
2. Denise Richards was born in Downers Grove, Illinois.
3. Her roots being German and French.
4. Denise Richards grew up in both Mokena and Downers Grove. In 1986, she appeared in the Double music video: “The Captain of Her Heart,” when she was 15 years old.
5. She graduated in 1989 from El Camino High School in Oceanside, California. As a child, she was the “only girl on the baseball team.”
6. Denise Richards was raised Roman Catholic and still practices today.
7. She spent the majority of the 1990s appearing in lower-budget films and television shows such as Saved by the Bell, television movies, and guest starring in episodes of several television shows such as Married… with Children (1991), a five-second walk through. She later made guest appearances in shows such as Beverly Hills, 90210 (1992), Seinfeld (1993), Lois and Clark (1994) and a guest-arc in Melrose Place (1996).
8. Her first starring role in a wide theatrical release was Starship Troopers in 1997 for which Richards was nominated for the Blockbuster Entertainment Award for Favorite Female Newcomer.
9. She was ranked as one of the worst Bond girls of all time by Entertainment Weekly in 2008, and was chosen as “Worst Supporting Actress” at the 1999 Razzie Awards for the role.
10. In 2001, she guest-starred in Friends as Ross and Monica Geller’s cousin, Cassie Geller in the episode “The One with Ross and Monica’s Cousin”.
11. Later that year she appeared in four episodes of Spin City as Jennifer Duncan, a love interest of Charlie Sheen’s character. She starred as Sheen’s character’s ex-girlfriend two years later in two episodes of Two and a Half Men.
12. In December 2004, she posed for a nude pictorial in Playboy magazine, five months after giving birth.
13. Denise Richards posed semi-nude for the July 2006 issue of Jane magazine to raise money for the Clothes Off Our Back Foundation.
14. In 1999, she ranked 9th in Maxim’s 50 Sexiest Women and in 2001 she was voted 2nd in FHM’s USA 100 Sexiest Women, 5th in FHM’s 100 Sexiest Women and 19th in AskMen.com’s 50 Most Beautiful Women. She was named one of the “100 Hottest Women of All-Time” by Men’s Health.
15. In 2008, she reunited with her Wild Things on-screen mother Theresa Russell in Jolene. Richards appeared on the 8th season of Dancing with the Stars, paired with Maksim Chmerkovskiy. She was eliminated second on March 24, 2009.
16. Denise Richards first met actor Charlie Sheen on the set of Loaded Weapon 1 in 1991. They became engaged on December 26, 2001, and married in a Roman Catholic ceremony on June 15, 2002, at the estate of Spin City creator Gary David Goldberg.
17. They have two daughters together, Sam J. Sheen and Lola Rose Sheen.
18. In March 2005, while pregnant with their second daughter, Denise Richards filed for divorce from Sheen. The couple briefly reconciled and sought marriage counselling. However, on January 4, 2006, Richards’ representative announced that she was continuing with the divorce. She later sought a restraining order against Sheen, alleging death threats against her.
19. In 2008, Richards decided to include her two daughters with Charlie Sheen in her confessional reality program on E!, Denise Richards: It’s Complicated, which premiered on May 26, 2008. He deemed her plans “greedy, vain and exploitative”.
20. On January 25, 2008, Richards won a court case against Sheen so that she could include her daughters in the show.
21. In June 2011, Richards adopted a third daughter, Eloise Joni, as a single parent. Her middle name is that of Richards’ mother, who died from cancer in December 2007.
22. Denise Richards adopted her at birth domestically within the United States, following a two-year adoption process.
23. Denise Richards has worked with Best Friends Animal Society on several projects, including its Pup My Ride program, which transports small dogs from high-kill animal shelters to other parts of the US where there’s a greater demand for small dogs. She has regularly appeared on Access Hollywood’s monthly pet segment showcasing shelter dogs rescued by Best Friends and available for adoption. While assisting with relief efforts in New York following Hurricane Sandy, she adopted a puppy from a Long Island shelter