Kate Moss is an English model. She is considered as one of the best model of the last two decades and a global icon. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.She was born 16 January 1974
2. Arriving at the end of the “supermodel era”, Moss rose to fame in the early 1990s as part of the heroin chic fashion trend.
3. Her collaborations with Calvin Klein brought her to fashion icon status. She is known for her waifish figure, and role in size zero fashion. She received an award at the 2013 British Fashion Awards to acknowledge her contribution to fashion over 25 years. Moss is also a contributing fashion editor for British Vogue.
4.She began dating Jefferson Hack in the early 2000s and they have a daughter. She later dated musician Pete Doherty.
5. She is married to Jamie Hince, guitarist for the Kills.
6. She received media scrutiny for her party lifestyle and drug use
7. Drug allegations beginning in late 2005 led to her being dropped from fashion campaigns.
8. She was cleared of charges and resumed modelling.
9. In 2012, she came second on the Forbes top-earning models list, with estimated earnings of $9.2 million in one year
10. She has a younger brother, Nick, and a half-sister named Lottie (Charlotte).
11. Moss’s parents divorced when she was 13. She attended Ridgeway Primary School and Riddlesdown Collegiate, formerly known as Riddlesdown High School, in Purley
12. Moss was discovered in 1988 at 14 by Sarah Doukas, founder of Storm Model Management, at JFK Airport in New York,[after a holiday in the Bahamas.
13. Corinne Day shot black-and-white photographs of her, styled by Melanie Ward, for The Face when she was 16, in a shoot titled “The 3rd Summer of Love”.
14. Day discovered Moss when she was a young and unknown and described the pictures as ‘dirty realism’ or ‘grunge’
15. Moss then featured in the Levi’s campaign ‘Levis for Girls’,[with great success, set up by The Design Corporation and again shot by Corinne Day.
16. A further shoot followed for The Face, by Tony Briggs, entitled “Haute Coiffure”, Moss went on to become the “anti-supermodel” of the 1990s in contrast to the models of the moment, such as Cindy Crawford, Elle Macpherson, Claudia Schiffer and Naomi Campbell, who were known for curvaceous and tall figures.
17. Moss featured in the fashion look heroin chic in 1996(which prompted speculation over her weight) with a campaign for Calvin Klein
18. Bill Clinton spoke out against the trend.
19.Moss was voted 9th of Maxim’s “50 Sexiest Women of 1999” and 22nd in FHM’s “100 Sexiest Women of 1995”. Arena named her sexiest woman in its 150th issue.
20. She was on the November 1999 Millennium cover of American Vogue as one of the “Modern Muses”.
21. In March 2007, Moss won the Sexiest Woman NME Award.
22. In 2012 she was included on MODELS.com’s ‘The Supers’ list.
23. Kate Moss has been the subject of portraits by artists such as Lucian Freud and Chuck Close. In 2005, a painting of Moss by Freud sold for £3.93 million at Christie’s.
24. Close has taken daguerreotypes of Moss, which he has also translated into Jacquard tapestry.
25. In October 2010, she appeared on the cover of Bryan Ferry’s album Olympia. The National Portrait Gallery, London maintains seven portraits of Moss among its collections, shot by photographers including Mario Testino, Corinne Day and Sølve Sundsbø.
26. A £1.5m ($2.8m) 18 carat gold statue of Moss in 2008 was part of a British Museum exhibition.
27. Entitled Siren, the 50 kg (110 lb) hollow statue was made by Marc Quinn, who described Moss as “the ideal beauty of the moment”.
28. The statue is said to be the largest gold statue to be created since the era of Ancient EgyptQuinn had previously unveiled a painted-bronze, life-size sculpture of Moss in a contorted yoga pose, titled Sphinx
29. The cello rock group Rasputina had a song entitled “Kate Moss” on their 1996 album Thanks for the Ether. It imagines Moss attempting to pontificate an intellectual platform in the context of epistemology
30. She has earned awards for style, including the Council of Fashion Designers of America’s fashion influence award and a place on the Vanity Fair international best-dressed list.
31. In the early part of the 21st century, she was, together with actress Sienna Miller, one of the main proponents of boho-chic.
32. She appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair’s September 2006 style issue.
33. In recent years, she has popularised denim cutoff shorts,Ugg boots, ballet flats, Vivienne Westwood Pirate Boots, skinny jeans, waistcoat, Alexander McQueen’s skull scarf, Louis Vuitton’s Sprouse Leopard Cashmere Scarf, and the Balenciaga handbag.
34. In 2008, Moss was added to PETA’s ‘Worst-Dressed’ Celebrities of 2008′ because of her frequent use of fur.
35. In 2012, Moss was among the British cultural icons selected by artist Sir Peter Blake to appear in a new version of his most famous artwork – the Beatles’ Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band album cover – to celebrate the British cultural figures of his life that he most admires.
36. In 2013, the Belgian pop singer Stromae wrote Kate Moss into the lyrics of the song “Tous les mêmes,” singing “il n’y a que Kate Moss qui est éternelle,” translating into English as, “there’s only Kate Moss who is eternal.
27. Moss has a daughter, Lila Grace Moss-Hack, born in 2002, with Dazed & Confused editor Jefferson Hack, with whom she was in a relationship for a number of years in the early 2000s.
38. Moss had a relationship with Libertines member Pete Doherty, first meeting him at her 31st birthday party in January 2005.
39. On 11 April 2007, Doherty announced Moss as his fiancée during one of his concerts in London, at which Moss also performed.[
40. In July 2007, Moss and Doherty split.
41. According to Forbes, her 2004–2005 earnings were $5 million and her 2005–2006 earnings were $8 million. In 2007, with estimated earnings of $9 million, Forbes magazine named her second on the list of the World’s 15 top-earning models list, behind Gisele Bündchen.
42. She made her first appearance in the British women’s Sunday Times Rich List in 2007, where she was estimated to be worth £45 million.
43. She ranked as the 99th richest woman in Britain.
44. In the 2009 Rich List, she was ranked as the 1,348th richest person in the UK, with a net worth of £40 million