Read them in the list below!
1. Lady Gaga’s real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta.
2. Perez Hilton, Beyoncé, Elton John and Katy Perry are some of Gaga’s famous friends.
3. In 2010, Lady Gaga was ranked as the second most powerful musician in the world.
4. Originally, Telephone was going to be called ‘Underground’.
5. Lady Gaga’s name was inspired by the Queen song, “Radio Gaga”.
6. Her mother’s name is Cynthia.
7. Lady Gaga’s father is called Joseph Germanotta.
8. Gaga is the elder of two children.
9. Her official website is www.LadyGaga.com
10. Her main nicknames are Gagaloo, Loopy, Mother Monster, Rabbit Teeth and Little Mermaid.
11. Her first album, ‘The Fame’ was written and co-produced by Lady Gaga herself.
12. Lady Gaga is attracted to both men and women.
13. Her favourite colours are black and lavender.
14. Telephone was written by Rodney Jerkins and Lady Gaga.
15. Gaga’s sister, Natali is a fashion student.
16. The meat dress she wore to the VMA’s was made up of cheap meats. Peter Cacioppo, a butcher at Ottomanelli Brothers on New York’s Upper East Side, analysed the outfit and said: “There are no expensive cuts here, no real steaks. The best you’ve got is the flank steak on top of her head.”
17. Lady Gaga’s favourite cartoon character is Bugs Bunny.
18. Lady Gaga is definitely a gay icon. She revealed that majority of her fan base comes from the gay community. No wonder she hired drag queens Courtney Act, Shangela, Shannel and Detox to appear on the lyric video for her new single ‘Applause’. She even recorded the clips herself! Inspired by these glamazons, she tweeted Rupaul, the mother of all drag queens, “Can I PLEASE be a judge on drag race! @RuPaul I started out in these clubs, these women taught me how to serve!”. Gurl, you better work!
19. Her natural hair colour is brown.
20. Gaga taught herself how to play piano by ear when she was four years old. By 13 she had written her first song, by 14 she had begun performing at open mic nights.
21. Lady Gaga’s eye colour is green.
22. Lady Gaga’s height is 5ft1.
23. Lady Gaga refuses to wear pants. The whole world knows she’s into skimpy and out-of-this-world outfits. Wanna know the reason why you never saw her wear pants? Well, her grandma is the person to thank (or blame?). According to the pop superstar, her grandma is partially blind and showing some skin is the only way she can see her on TV! Surely, she made her grandma proud with those sexy legs, huh?
24. She has 10 tattoos.
25. Early Lady Gaga gigs would see her perform as a duo with performance artist Lady Stardust. They would be billed as ‘Lady Gaga And The Starlight Revenue’.
26. Her bra size is 34B.
27. Lady Gaga looks for creativity in men and women.
28. Gaga denied that the recent protrusions from her body weren’t real. “Well, first of all they’re not prosthetics. They’re my bones,” she told Harper’s Bazaar. “They’ve always been inside of me.”
29. She is left-handed.
30. Lady Gaga does not like kittens, she prefers dogs.
31. Her breakthrough song “Poker Face” tackles her bisexuality, meaning she is attracted to both men and women. She openly kissed both sexes on her music videos to express how ‘flexible’ she is in terms of sexual preference. Jo Calderone is Lady Gaga’s male alter ego, who made an appearance in the MTV Music Awards and in the music video “You and I”.
32. Lady Gaga started writing songs for other artists before she was encouraged by Akon to work on her own material. She penned the song ‘Quicksand’ by Britney Spears, which is an unreleased track from the album ‘Circus’. She also wrote the song ‘Telephone’ originally for Brit and the demo version was leaked online. The song didn’t go to waste because Lady Gaga and Beyonce Knowles made history with their collaboration. Lady Gaga also wrote songs for Pussycat Dolls, New Kids On The Block, Akon and Fergie.
33. She attended the same private Manhattan high school as Nicky and Paris Hilton.
34. The title for Lady Gaga’s single ‘Born This Way’ was inspired by Carl Bean’s 1977 gay disco anthem: “I Was Born This Way”.
35. Gaga appeared on a 2008 episode of The Hills.
36. Gaga’s producer Rob Fusari nicknamed her Gaga in 2006.
37. Her Twitter name is @ladygaga and she has over 35 million followers!
38. Lady Gaga admits she smokes weed when writing music.
39. Gaga refers to her listeners as her ‘Little Monsters’.
40. Her famous meat dress was 100% real meat, and weighed 50 lbs.
41. Lady Gaga has more Facebook fans than Barack Obama and Justin Bieber!
42. She loves to cook and says she is good at cooking Italian food.
43. Lady Gaga was once cited by Chicago cops for indecent exposure for wearing hot pants in public.
44. Gaga’s favourite flower are white roses.
45. Her favourite book is Letters to a Young Poet, by Rainer Maria Rilke.
46.Lady GaGa believes that Britney Spears is the Queen of Pop.
47. She claims she wrote ‘Born This Way’ in just 10 minutes!
48. On iTunes, Born This Way sold more than one million tracks in its first five days.
49. She was told by her school drama teachers that she was ‘too ethnic’ for success. She told the crowd at a recent Madison Square Gardens gig, that teachers would tell her: “You’ll never be the heroine, the blonde, the star. Your hair’s too dark, you look too ethnic.”
50. Gaga donated all of her proceeds from her show on 24th January 2011 to Haiti disaster relief, which raised over $500,000!
51. Lady Gaga wore a Kermit the Frog Jacket, which was made of Kermit the Frog dolls!
52. Gaga dropped out of New York University when she was 19 to pursue her music career.
53. The Paparazzi video won two awards at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards; these were for Best Art Direction and Best Special Effects.
54. Gaga claims she avoids cocaine but admits the occasional cigarette and ecstasy trip.
55. As a child she said that she was inspired by the My Little Pony toys. “I was obsessed with the idea of a creature that was born with something magical that made them the misfit in the world of the stallion,” she said.
56. The diner used in the video for ‘Telephone’ is the same diner that appears in US cop show NCIS.
57. She has four entries in the Guinness World Records.
58. In the Song ‘Bad Romance’, the French lyrics are: “Je veux ton amour et je veux ta revanche,” which translates to “I want your love and I want your revenge”.
59. Gaga admitted that losing her virginity was ‘terrible’. She said: “I didn’t lost my virginity until I was 17. But I have to say even then I wasn’t ready and it was an absolutely terrible experience.”
60. Gaga made her catwalk debut at designer Nicola Formichetti’s Mugler fashion show in Paris in March.