Read here 10 fun unknown facts about the TV series “Full House” according to mtv.com.
1. Ashley Olsen can thank John Stamos for her job.
2. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are fraternal twins.
3. Only one episode was ever filmed in San Francisco.
The season eight episode “Comet’s Excellent Adventure” is the only episode actually taped in San Francisco. All of the exterior shots of San Francisco for the series’ run were filmed in one day. The rest were filmed in Los Angeles.
4. “Full House” was filmed on the “Wonder Woman” stage.
5. John Posey was the original Tanner family patriarch.
Comedian John Posey was originally hired for the role of Danny Tanner, but unfortunately for him — and fortunately for Bob Saget — he was replaced after filming the pilot. Posey was in the middle of moving to Los Angeles for his big TV break when he heard the news.
6. “Full House” was almost picked up for a season nine…
7. Uncle Jesse was almost Uncle Adam.
Ew. When John Stamos signed onto “Full House,” his character’s name was– wait for it– Adam Cochran. Thankfully, his first named was changed to Jesse before the pilot aired, and Stamos later requested that his last name become Katsopolis to reflect his Greek heritage.
8. “Full House” was originally going to be a very different show.
For starters, it wasn’t even called “Full House.” The original title of the series was “House of Comics” because the idea was to have comedians Bob Saget and Dave Coulier living in a house together. But the network pulled the plug on that idea and opted for something more family-oriented. TBH, it was for the best because now we have Uncle Jesse in our lives.
9. Bob Saget got the first and last lines of the entire series.
10. Comet was also known as Air Bud.
The Tanner family pet was a pretty famous doggy actor. Aside from playing Comet the dog in all six seasons of “Full House,” the friendly canine also starred in the 1997 classic “Air Bud.” He was even nominated for a Kid’s Choice Award in 1998.