Read them in the list below!
1. Growing up in Tenafly, New Jersey, she was drawn to nearby New York City’s vibrant theater scene.
2. Lea Michele Sarfati was born on August 29, 1986 in the Bronx, NY.
3. She was home-schooled for one year while she lived in Toronto, where she was performing in the original cast of Ragtime and again when the show was brought to Broadway.
4. Almost Famous and Funny Girl are her top two movies.
5. Her Italian-American mother worked as a nurse and her father — who is of Spanish-Jewish ancestry — is a delicatessen owner.
6. She was accepted to the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University, but opted to continue working on stage.
7. The first concert she’s went to was Madonna’s.
8. After first moving to Hollywood, her main goal was to land a guest-starring role on the medical hit Grey’s Anatomy.
9. She is an only child.
10. Growing up, Lea Michele looked to Barbra Streisand as a beauty icon. “I remember…thinking, ‘Finally, someone who has a Jewish nose, who didn’t get a nose job,'” she told the New York Daily News.
11. Even though she was born in New York, Lea was raised in Tenafly, New Jersey where she eventually attended and graduated from Tenafly High School.
12. She sang Paper Moon in her audition for Ragtime.
13. Lea got into a car accident on the way to her Glee audition when she collided with a car while turning into the FOX studio lot. She apparently ran out of the car and into the studio for her audition.
14. Lea got her start on Broadway at age eight when she snagged the replacement role for Young Cosette in Les Misérables. She sang a song from Phantom of the Opera, the only musical she knew at the time, at her audition.
15. In early 2009, Lea won the role of “Rachel Berry” on the FOX television smash hit, Glee (2009), and since the show’s premiere on May 19, 2009, Lea has since received worldwide critical and public acclaim for her performance on the show.
16. Alanis Morissette’s Jagged Little Pill was the first CD she ever bought. “I love Alanis Morissette. She’s so amazing. All of her songs are lyrically so beautiful and vocally she’s so strong.”
17. Her fave shops are Betsey Johnson, Intermix, and Barney’s.
18. When she was in high school she had a part time job in a Bat Mitzvah dress shop cleaning and vacuuming.
19. Michele is a huge fan of the hit HBO show, Game of Thrones.
20. A devout animal lover, Lea Michele is a vegan. “I’m part of a traditional Italian family, so when I became a vegan, my mother learned how to make a version of lasagna I could still enjoy,” she told InStyle.
21. Was in a relationship with actor Theo Stockman since November 2009 but broke up in September 2011.
22. She received the 2009 Satellite Award for Best Actress in a Series, Comedy or Musical and later won a Screen Actors Guild Award, as well.
23. She loves baking and loves to make yummy treats for her friends and family.
24. In 2009, during the first season of Glee, Michele rented an apartment with co-star Dianna Agron in downtown Los Angeles. They decided to get their own apartments when Agron discovered she was allergic to the cats they had rescued.
25. Along with her award wins, Lea has also received Golden Globe, Emmy, and Teen Choice Award nominations.
26. Lea Michele’s favorite book is Girl with the Pearl Earring.
27. Glee creator Ryan Murphy wrote the part of Rachel Berry with her in mind.
28. She has two cats named Claude and Sheila.
29. Michele is a huge fan of the hit HBO show, Game of Thrones.
30. In April 2010, Lea appeared in a PSA for PETA speaking out against fur, and later that same year in September, she was honored by PETA for her work for animals.
31. Following his death, Michele co-wrote a song with Australian singer-songwriter Sia Furler about Monteith titled “If You Say So” which is featured on her debut album, Louder.
32. Lea has 14 tattoos!
33. At the Teen Choice Awards 2013, Lea dedicated her Award to Cory Monteith. Cory died of an overdose in July 2013.
34. Cory Monteith was the one who gave her a Twitter account and her twitter name @msleamichele. He actually put Rachel Berry as her password but Lea changed it.
35. She was in an on- and off-screen relationship with her Glee co-star Cory Monteith until his death on July 13, 2013.
36. She currently owns a two-bedroom cottage home in Los Angeles, which she purchased for $1.4 million in 2012. Prior to buying her Hollywood home, Michele lived in an apartment in New York City’s West Village.
37. Lea Michele’s net worth is $5.5 million.
38. She is writing a book titled Brunette Ambition.
39. Her personalised workout is a free app on iTunes called Nike Training Club where she goes through her workout and does it with you.
40. Michele has stated that Penelope Cruz is one of her style icons.
41. As of June 2014, she is in a relationship with Matthew Paetz, a model and dating/lifestyle coach. The couple met in April 2014, while shooting the music video for Michele’s second solo single “On My Way”.
42. She played Elise in New Year’s Eve with Ashton Kutcher in 2011.
43. In 2015, she was cast as Hester in the FOX horror/comedy series Scream Queens.