Soko (born 26 October 1985) is a French singer-songwriter, musician and actress. Let’s see some interesting facts about her!
1.SoKo’s full name is Stéphanie Sokolinski.
2. Sokolinski was born in Bordeaux, France from a Polish father and a French-Italian mother
3. Soko left home at 16, quit school and moved to Paris to start acting class with Eva Saint-Paul where she studied for one year; she then resumed her education at several different schools, but quickly became tired of it and dropped out.
4. In 2007, Sokolinski achieved a hit single in Denmark with a personal anecdotal song after the radio program The Black Boy Scouts began to promote it.
5. The song reached number one on the chart of the Danish version of the iTunes Store and was the number one song in rotation on radio.
6. In 2010, her song “I’ll Kill Her”, was sampled by Cee Lo Green on his Stray Bullets mixtape under the track of the same name.
7. In 2011, she wrote a song and featured in the animated short film Mourir Auprès De Toi, which was co-written and directed by Spike Jonze.
8. Her debut album, I Thought I Was an Alien, was released in February 2012.
9. In 2014, Soko’s song “We Might Be Dead by Tomorrow” was featured in Tatia Pilieva’s short video “First Kiss”. She was also one of the video’s twenty subjects. After “First Kiss” went viral on YouTube, the song debuted at number 9 in the Billboard Hot 100 and number 1 on Billboard’s Streaming Songs chart.
10. Soko has had sold-out concerts in Scandinavia, Britain, and Australia
11. As a live performer, she is unpredictable and never uses a set list; her backing band consists mostly of different friend-musicians at each show. She sometimes plays up to 3 hours by herself, in intimate and quiet venues
12. In August 2011, Soko announced the release of her first album I Thought I Was an Alien on 6 February 2012, on her website www.s-o-k-o.com and a 17 August 2012 show at the Bootleg Theatre in Los Angeles, CA on Facebook.
13. She released her first single on YouTube 1 August 2011 entitled “No More Home, No More Love”. Two other singles were released “I Thought I Was An Alien” and “First Love Never Die”.
14. In February 2010, Soko was nominated for a César Award for Most Promising Actress for her role in À l’origine (English title In the Beginning), directed by Xavier Giannoli.
15. Soko is a vegan.
16. She became straight edge when she was 18.
17. Soko also refers to herself as a “white goth”
18. In March 2016, Soko confirmed her relationship with American actress Kristen Stewart in an interview with W
19. Soko is the second woman that Kristen Stewart has publicly dated.
20. She is into yoga and meditation.
21. Soko has stated that here favorite band is The Cure.
22. SoKo has admitted that she has had a few dates with Instagram admirers in the past.
23. On March 21, 2014, SoKo — who suffered multiple losses in her life — dished to MTV about how she was able to turn tragedy into positivity. “I lost my dad and a lot of family members at such a young age. I know it sounds morbid — I was a pretty morbid kid — but it’s actually not anymore how I see it. It gave me that vital passion for life, and will to conquer it all and live and love fully and make every day the best page of the storybook of my life!”