Mitch Lucker ( – ) was an American musician and lead singer for the deathcore band Suicide Silence. He sadly passed away in 2012 but he will always be remembered. Check out some facts about his personal life and career.
1. His full name was Mitchell Adam Lucker.
2. He was born on October 20, 1984.
3. He was born in Riverside, California.
4. He died on November 1, 2012.
5. The debut album of Suicide Silence, titled The Cleansing, was one of the biggest-selling Century Media releases with 7,250 copies sold in the first week.
6. The band’s last album to feature Lucker, The Black Crown was released on July 12, 2011. By this time, his lyrics had begun to lose the previous controversial anti-religious content.
7. The bands that influenced him into starting a band were “Korn, Deftones, Slayer, Sepultura…
8. … “and everything that my dad would buy and bring home to me and my brother saying ‘Hey, listen to this.”
9. The only place he refused to ever get tattooed was on his back.
10. In particular he stated: “I like seeing the artwork because it is artwork! Having my back tattooed would be like owning an expensive painting that you can never see. Like, ‘Oh, I have this beautiful, expensive painting, but you can’t see it because it’s at my uncle’s house.”
11. Throughout his life he suffered from anxiety and OCD.
12. You may hear Drake saying “You only live once,” but originally, Suicide Silence said it long before Drake or YMCMB did.
13. Mitch first started playing in his brother’s garage band in his teen years.
14. After his death, fans and many musicians held a candle light vigil for him and to remember him.
15. His died by getting into a motorcycle accident, caused by alcohol.
16. His daughter’s name is Kenadee Lucker.
17. She was born on June 30, 2007.
18. His parents are Denise Lucker and Kip Lucker.
19. His wife’s name is Jolie Carmadella Lucker.
20. On the night he died, she pleaded him not to leave the house but he didn’t listen.