Kygo is a Norwegian musician, DJ, songwriter, record producer. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about him!
1.His full name is Kyrre Gørvell-Dahll.
2.He was born 11 September 1991.
3. He garnered international attention with his remix of the track “I See Fire” by Ed Sheeran, which has received over 50 million plays on SoundCloud and 65 million views on YouTube and his single “Firestone” which has over 400 million views on YouTube with an additional 400 million plays on the music streaming service Spotify, as of August 2016.
4. Kygo has accumulated over 300 million views on his music on SoundCloud and YouTube.
5, His artist name Kygo can be pronounced as (Norwegian pronunciation: [kyːɡuː]) for Norwegian speakers, and as (English pronunciation: /kaɪɡoʊ/) for English speakers. Both pronunciations can be used interchangeably.
6. Kyrre got the idea for his stage name through a username he received in high school for the digital learning platform It`s learning.
7. The service used parts of his name to create a nickname, thereof “Ky-” standing for the first two letters in his given name “Kyrre”, and “-go” for the first two letters in his last name “Gørvell-Dahll”. The letter ø is usually replaced with letter o in computing.
8. In an interview with newspaper Fanaposten, Kyrre quoted; “Kygo [as an artist name] has been absolutely perfect. It is very easy to say, in both Norwegian and English. [And] I have no need to change the artist name [in the future]”
9. Kygo has since released several singles, such as “ID”, “Stole the Show”, “Here for You”, and “Stay”, which have debuted on several international charts. Kygo’s debut album Cloud Nine was released on 13 May 2016.[
10. Kygo made history on 21 August 2016 at the 2016 Rio Olympics, when he became the first house music producer to perform at an Olympics closing ceremon
11. He has an older stepbrother Mads, two older sisters Johanne and Jenny, and a younger half-brother Sondre.
12. Kygo started getting piano lessons at the age of 6.
13. He stopped when he was 15 or 16 and started producing music with Logic Studio and a MIDI keyboard while watching several tutorials on YouTube.
14. When he decided to pursue music full-time he was halfway through a degree in business and finance at Heriot-Watt University in Edinburgh, Scotland
15. On 1 December 2014, he released the single “Firestone”, featuring vocals from Conrad (mononym for Conrad Sewell), which gained international recognition and debuted on several charts worldwide.
16. After receiving over 80 million views on YouTube and SoundCloud, Kygo was contacted by Avicii and by Chris Martin of Coldplay to create a remix of the song “Midnight”.
17. He has also supported Avicii at Findings Festival in Oslo, Norway, in 2014.
18. On 19 September 2014, it was confirmed that Kygo was to replace Avicii at mainstage in TomorrowWorld, due to Avicii’s health concerns.
19. He was also featured in an interview for Billboard magazine, where he talked to writer Matt Medved about his remixes for Diplo and Coldplay, and talked about his upcoming tour in North America.
20. In July 2014, Kygo partnered with EDM lifestyle brand Electric Family to produce a collaboration bracelet for which 100% of the proceeds are donated to Médecins Sans Frontières.
21. In the same month, he signed a record label deal with Sony International and Ultra Music.
22. In February 2015, Kygo’s song “ID” was featured in the official trailer for Ultra Music Festival. The same track is also featured on FIFA 16, a popular video game by EA Sports.
23. In August 2015, Kygo was a featured headliner at Lollapalooza in Chicago, one of the biggest music festivals in the world. He made his U.S. television debut on The Late Late Show with James Corden in October 2015.
24. In August 2015, Kygo was a featured headliner at Lollapalooza in Chicago, one of the biggest music festivals in the world.
25. He made his U.S. television debut on The Late Late Show with James Corden in October 2015.
26. Kyrre is in a relationship with Maren Platou, who was publicly known since March 2016.
27. He is a fan of Manchester United