If you could name your favorite villain of all times who would it be?
Our favorite is the Joker and we are super excited about the upcoming movie that involves the super villains life. Joker is the guy that gave Batman a hard time and we love him for that.
These are some facts you should know about the character before you see the movie:
- The supervillain was created by Bill Finger, Bob Kane, and Jerry Robinson who first appeared in the debut issue of the comic book Batman on April 25, 1940.
- At first the Joker was planned to be killed off during his initial appearance but, he was spared by editorial intervention, allowing the character to endure as the archenemy of the superhero Batman.
- He is a criminal mastermind and no one can doubt that.
- Although he doesn’t have superpowers he has special abilities like his mind, he is an expert In chemistry and utilizes weaponized props and toxins.
- The Joker initially appeared as a remorseless serial killer, modeled after a joker playing card with a mirthless grin, who killed his victims with “Joker venom”: a toxin which left their faces smiling grotesquely.
- His apparent insanity is one of his main characteristics.
- He is also known as the Prince of Chaos.
- Everyone thinks that the Joker loves Harley Quinn but he is really obsessed with Batman and he actually uses her, to get to him.
- In 2006, the Joker was number one on Wizard magazine’s “100 Greatest Villains of All Time”.
- Jerry Robinson once said: “They’ve given many origins of the Joker, how he came to be. That doesn’t seem to matter—just how he is now. I never intended to give a reason for his appearance. We discussed that and Bill [Finger] and I never wanted to change it at that time. I thought—and he agreed—that it takes away some of the essential mystery.”