Joe Jonas is an American singer and actor. Jonas first rose to fame as a member of the pop-rock band Jonas Brothers, along with his brothers Kevin and Nick. The band’s debut album, It’s About Time (2006), was a commercial failure following a limited release.
The group signed with Hollywood Records, and in 2007 released their eponymous second studio album. The album went on to be a commercial success for the group, selling over two million copies in the United States alone. The group became heavily involved with the Disney Channel, and later made their film debut in the Disney Channel Original Movie Camp Rock (2008).
Let’s see some amazing facts about him!
1. Joseph Adam “Joe” Jonas was born August 15, 1989 in Casa Grande, Arizona.
2. He is the son of Denise and Paul Kevin Jonas.
3. Jonas’ father is a songwriter, musician, and former ordained minister at an Assemblies of God church, while his mother is a former sign language teacher and singer.
4. Joe has an older brother, Kevin Jonas, and two younger brothers – Nick Jonas and Frankie Jonas.
5. Growing up in a Christian family, Jonas has spoken on his religious beliefs by saying “I believe in God, and that’s a personal relationship that I have, but I’m not religious in any way.”
6. In 2002, Joe appeared in Baz Luhrmann’s production of La bohème.
7. In 2005, Joe, Kevin and Nick recorded “Please Be Mine”, their first song recorded. Upon hearing the song, the Columbia Records president Steve Greenberg decided to sign the brothers as a group.
8. They considered naming their group “Sons of Jonas” before settling on the name Jonas Brothers.
9. While working on their debut studio album, the band toured throughout 2005 with artists such as Jump5, Kelly Clarkson, Jesse McCartney, the Backstreet Boys, and The Click Five among others. The group released their debut single, “Mandy”, in December 2005.
10. The album was initially scheduled for a February 2006 release date, though executive changes at Columbia’s parent company Sony led to numerous delays on the project’s release.
11. During this time, the group began making appearances on various Disney Channel related soundtracks, and toured with Aly & AJ throughout 2006. The band’s debut album, It’s About Time (2006), was released on August 8, 2006.
12. The album received little backing from the label, who had no further interest in promoting the band. During its initial run, the album only received a limited release of 50,000 copies.
13. The album’s second single, “Year 3000”, had its music video premiere on the Disney Channel in the beginning of 2007. Dissatisfied with how the release of the record was handled, the band hoped to depart from Columbia Records and find a new label; it was later confirmed in 2007 that the group had been dropped by the label.
14. The album went on to sell a total of 67,000 copies in the United States.
15. Only a short period of time after their departure from Columbia Records, it was confirmed that the group had signed a new contract with Hollywood Records. While working on their new album, the group continued to gain popularity due to soundtrack appearances and promotional appearances.
16 .The group released their self-titled second studio album through Hollywood Records on August 7, 2007.
17. The album entered the top five of the Billboard 200 in the United States, going on to sell over two million copies in the country.
18. Joe and his brothers made their acting debut on an August 17 episode of the Disney series Hannah Montana titled “Me and Mr. Jonas and Mr. Jonas and Mr. Jonas”.
19. The band performed the collaboration “We Got the Party” with lead actress Miley Cyrus, with the episode gaining over ten million viewers and became basic cable’s most watched series telecast ever.
20. The group’s single “S.O.S” became their first top twenty hit on the Billboard Hot 100, and has sold over 1.5 million copies in the country.
21. Joe release his solo debut studio album, Fastlife, in 2011, with the singles “See No More” and “Just in Love”. The following year, it was confirmed that the Jonas Brothers would be reuniting and the fifth studio album was entitled V.
22. But, in 2013, the Jonas ended the band and the album was cancelled.
23. Following his departure from the band, Jonas began working as a songwriter for various artists. He began working on a new musical project for himself, though was unsure whether it would be his second studio album or a new project for a band.
24. He ultimately decided to form a new band, DNCE, which made their debut with the single “Cake by the Ocean” (2015).
25. Joe dated Demi Lovato dated for about a month back in 2010. Joe revealed that while dating Demi, which was a relationship that “meant a lot to fans,” he felt the need to “take care of her” as she was struggling with personal issues.
26. For a period of time Miley Cyrus, Demi and the Jonas Brothers were the most popular faces of the Disney channel, so it’s no surprise they would get together outside of work. It’s what they were doing that may come as a surprise to some fans. “The first time I smoked weed was with Demi and Miley. I must have been 17 or 18. They kept saying, ‘Try it! Try it!’ so I gave it a shot, and it was all right. I don’t even smoke weed that often anymore,” Joe said. “I was caught drinking when I was 16 or 17, and I thought the world was going to collapse.
27. A major talking point around the Jonas Brothers during their teenage years revolved around their purity rings, which displayed that they’d wait until marriage to have sex. Joe revealed they were a topic they eventually “couldn’t escape,” and in some ways, they hurt the creative direction of the group.
28. While Joe admits that he’s in a relationship with someone he really cares about, he does reveal that he “did date a lot,” sneaking out to hook up with a girl in her car and having a steamy encounter with a fan.
29. In November 2016, rumors came out saying that he has been dating actress Sophie Turner, as for they were spotted attending a wedding together over Thanksgiving weekend.