Heidi Montag is an American television personality, singer, fashion designer, and author.
Let’s find out some intriguing facts about her!
1. Heidi Blair Montag was born September 15, 1986 in Crested Butte, Colorado to parents Darlene and Bill Montag.
2. After divorcing, their mother Darlene married Tim Egelhoff; they owned The Timberline restaurant for twenty-one years until its closing in 2010.
3. Montag has an older sister Holly, also a reality television personality, and a younger brother Sky.
4. Their father Bill later married Terri O’Hara; their step-brother Eric O’Hara died in 2008 after an accidental fall from an icy roof.
5. After graduating from high school, Montag moved to California and attended the Academy of Art University in San Francisco for one semester.
6. During freshman orientation, she befriended Lauren Conrad, who at the time was a primary cast member of the MTV reality television series Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County.
7. After both transferred to the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Los Angeles, California, Montag was subsequently featured in four episodes during the series’ second season.
8. After failing to find the school “challenging”, she dropped out and received employment from Bolthouse Productions as an assistant.
9. Within two years, she was promoted as an event planner.
10. In 2006, Montag came to prominence after being cast in the MTV reality television series The Hills, which chronicled the personal and professional lives of Conrad, Montag, and friends Audrina Patridge and Whitney Port.
11. During its production, she briefly attended the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising and was employed by event planning company Bolthouse Productions.
12. As the series progressed, Montag began dating fellow cast member Spencer Pratt, which ultimately ended her friendship with Conrad. Their ensuing feud became the central focus of the series and was carried through each subsequent season.
13. The couple, collectively nicknamed “Speidi”, married in April 2009. Later that year, they made controversial appearances on the second season of the American version of I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!.
14. In January 2010, Montag released her debut studio album Superficial; it was critically panned and commercially unsuccessful, failing to earn back the money she spent making it.
15. She also received widespread criticism after undergoing ten cosmetic surgery procedures in one day.
16. In 2011, Montag was featured on the television series Famous Food, where she and several celebrities competed for a restaurant partnership.
17. Two years later, she and Pratt competed as a single entity on the eleventh series of the British version of Celebrity Big Brother, eventually becoming the runners-up.
18. She returned to the series with Spencer as an All-Star for Celebrity Big Brother 19, where they were evicted on Day 25, coming 9th overall.
19. The couple announced that they were expecting their first child in April 2017.