Christina Aguilera is an American singer, songwriter, actress and television personality. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Her middle name is Maria.
2. She was born on December 18, 1980.
3. She was born in Staten Island, New York.
4. Her father is Ecuadorian, while her mother has German, Irish, Welsh, and Dutch ancestry. Her family moved frequently because of her father’s military service, and lived in places including New Jersey, Texas, New York, and Japan.
5. Christina Aguilera and her mother alleged that her father was physically and emotionally abusive,claims which he denied; Aguilera used music as a form of escape from her turbulent household.
6. Following her parents’ divorce when she was six years old, Christina Aguilera, her younger sister Rachel, and her mother moved into her grandmother’s home in the Pittsburgh suburb of Rochester, Pennsylvania.
7. Growing up, Aguilera, known locally as “the little girl with the big voice”,spired to be a singer, singing in local talent shows and competitions. She won her first talent show at the age of 8, in which she performed Whitney Houston’s “I Wanna Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)”.
8. In 1990, she appeared on Star Search singing “A Sunday Kind of Love”, and was eliminated during the semi-final rounds.
9. She later performed the same song during an appearance on Pittsburgh’s KDKA-TV’s Wake Up with Larry Richert.
10. Throughout her youth in Pittsburgh, Aguilera sang “The Star-Spangled Banner” before Pittsburgh Penguins hockey, Pittsburgh Steelers football, and Pittsburgh Pirates baseball games, in addition to the 1992 Stanley Cup Finals.
11.She attended Rochester Area School District in Rochester and Marshall Middle School near Wexford, and briefly attended North Allegheny Intermediate High School before being home schooled due to bullying.
12. In 1991, Aguilera auditioned for a position on The Mickey Mouse Club, although she did not meet its age requirements. She joined the television series two years later, where she performed musical numbers and sketch comedy until its cancellation in 1994.
13. Her co-stars included Ryan Gosling, Keri Russell, Britney Spears, and Justin Timberlake.
14. When she was fourteen, Aguilera recorded her first song, the duet “All I Wanna Do” with Japanese singer Keizo Nakanishi. She later sent her cover version of Houston’s “Run to You” to Walt Disney Pictures in hopes of being selected to record the theme song “Reflection” for their animated film Mulan (1998).
15. “Reflection” peaked at number 19 on the U.S. Billboard Adult Contemporary Chart, and was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song, which went to “The Prayer” by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli.
16. After recording “Reflection”, Aguilera signed with RCA Records and the label quickly began coordinating her debut album, which was set to be released in 1999.
17. Christina Aguilera’s self-titled debut album, was released in August 1999.
18. The album was a commercial success in the United States, peaking at number one on the Billboard 200 and was certified octuple platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for having shipped eight million copies.
19. It has sold over 8.2 million copies in the United States and 17 million copies worldwide
20. The album’s lead single, “Genie in a Bottle”, peaked atop the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and record charts of twenty other countries. It became the top-selling debut single of 1999 in the United States, selling over 1.4 million units.
21. Follow-up singles “What a Girl Wants” and “Come On Over Baby (All I Want Is You)” also topped the Billboard Hot 100, while single “I Turn to You” reached number three.
22. At the 42nd Annual Grammy Awards in February 2000, Aguilera won the Grammy Award for Best New Artist.
22. Christina Aguilera is a soprano,having a vocal range spanning four octaves (from B♭2 to C♯7).
23. Since the start of her career Aguilera’s voice has been compared to that of Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston.
24. However, Aguilera has also been criticized for her excessive use of melisma and oversinging on songs and in concerts.
25. Christina Aguilera has credited blues singer Etta James as her main influence and inspiration, elaborating.
26. Aguilera mentions Whitney Houston as another influence, having performed many of her songs in her early years during talent shows.She also cites Mariah Carey and Celine Dion as an inspiration, she also covered the latter’s songs – These Are the Special Times on My Kind of Christmas and performed The Prayer on the NBC reality singing competition The Voice.
27. According to author Pier Dominguez of the book Christina Aguilera: A Star is Made, Aguilera stated that Carey and her debut single, “Vision of Love” (1990), had the biggest influence on her vocal style.
28. Aguilera points out the musical film The Sound of Music and its lead actress, Julie Andrews, as her first inspiration for singing and performing.At the age of six, the film helped Aguilera cope with her violent childhood,
29. Christina Aguilera credits Madonna and Janet Jackson as two biggest inspirations for her image, “for being re-inventive and being brave as strong females, to explore whatever, even if they do get bad press. It’s just like they were fearless.
30. Aguilera frequently blends elements of pop, R&B, dance-pop and soul music into her projects, her records typically include a combination of ballads and uptempo tracks.
31. Aguilera has sold 17.9 million records in the United States, and 50 million records worldwide.
32. In 2012, VH1 named Aguilera the eighth greatest woman in the music industry.
33. Christina Aguilera has also been recognized as one of the greatest vocalists of all time,and is commonly referred to as “The Voice of a Generation”.
34. In November 2008, Rolling Stone placed Aguilera at number 58 on its list of 100 Greatest Singers of All Time.
35. At the 2013 People’s Choice Awards, Aguilera was awarded the People’s Voice Award, which recognized Aguilera’s ability to reach millions of people across various genres.
36. In 2013, Aguilera was one of Time’s 100 Most Influential People in the World.
37. Aguilera’s works have earned her numerous awards and accolades, including six Grammy Awards.
39. In November 2010, Aguilera was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
40. Her height is 1,57 metres