Bebe Rexha is an American singer, songwriter and record producer! Let’ see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Her full name is Bleta “Bebe” Rexha.
2. She was born August 30, 1989.
3. She is best known as a featured singer on several Billboard Hot 100 songs, including G-Eazy’s “Me, Myself & I” and David Guetta’s “Hey Mama”.
4. She also co-wrote the chart-topping Eminem and Rihanna single, “The Monster” (among many other songs).
5. In March 2016, she released “No Broken Hearts”, featuring Nicki Minaj, the first single off of her upcoming debut studio album, A.Y.F. The album is due to be released in January 2017
6. Bebe Rexha was born Bleta Rexha in Brooklyn, New York to ethnic Albanian parents, who emigrated to the United States in the 1990s from Debar, Former Republic of Macedonia.
7. Her first name, Bleta, means “bumble bee” in Albanian, which is why she uses the nickname “Bebe”.
8. The family moved to Staten Island, New York when Rexha was six.
9. Beginning in elementary school, Rexha played the trumpet for nine years and eventually taught herself how to play guitar and piano.
10. Bebe Rexha attended Tottenville High School in Staten Island, where she took part in a variety of musicals.
11. She also joined the choir while in high school.
12. There she learned that her voice was a coloratura soprano.
13. As a teenager, Rexha submitted a song to the National Academy of Recording Arts & Sciences’ annual “Grammy Day” event. Rexha earned the “Best Teen Songwriter” award, beating around 700 other entrants.
14. She would later come into contact with talent scout, Samantha Cox, who convinced Rexha to enroll in songwriting classes in New York City.
15. At the time, she was 15 years old and took the classes with men in their 40s.
16. Bebe Rexha’s career began after she had a chance encounter with Fall Out Boy bassist, Pete Wentz, at a New York City recording studio in 2010.
17. She would eventually become the lead vocalist of Wentz’s new experimental project, Black Cards. The band played a variety of live shows and released several singles and remixes.
18. In January 2012, however, Wentz announced that Rexha had left the band to pursue other endeavors.
19. In 2013, Bebe Rexha was signed to Warner Bros. Records as a solo artist.
20. Prior to signing, Rexha had written several songs, including “Like a Champion” for Selena Gomez and “Glowing” for Nikki Williams.
21. Her most prominent songwriting effort of 2013 was Eminem and Rihanna’s “The Monster.” Rexha had begun writing and producing the song with Jon Bellion, Frequency, and Aalias in 2012, and it was intended to be on her own upcoming album. It was originally titled, “Monster Under My Bed.”
22. The song eventually made its way to Riggs Morales, the Vice President of A&R at Atlantic Records, who stripped the original version down and made it the fourth single off of Eminem’s album, The Marshall Mathers LP 2.
23. Rexha also wrote and was featured on Cash Cash’s single, “Take Me Home” that year.
24. On March 21, 2014, Bebe Rexha released her debut single “I Can’t Stop Drinking About You.”
25. The song peaked at number 22 on Billboard’s Top Heatseekers chart.
26. The music video for the song was released on August 12, 2014 and was inspired by imagery from films like Girl, Interrupted and Melancholia.
27. Bebe Rexha released two more singles, “I’m Gonna Show You Crazy” and “Gone,” in December 2014.
28. Her debut EP was released through Warner Bros. on May 12, 2015 and was entitled I Don’t Wanna Grow Up.
29. She also co-wrote and was featured in David Guetta’s “Hey Mama” also featuring Nicki Minaj and Afrojack.
30. The song peaked at number 8 on the Billboard Hot 100 and received 1.1 million downloads by June 2015.
31. The song did not originally give Rexha a feature credit despite the fact that she sings the chorus and background vocals. She was eventually given a feature credit in June 2015.
32. In October 2015, Rexha co-wrote and was featured on G-Eazy’s “Me, Myself & I” which peaked at number 7 on the Billboard Hot 100 at number 1 on the Billboard Pop Songs chart..
33. The song was originally titled “I Don’t Need Anything” and was intended as a song for Rexha herself. Instead, she brought the song idea to G-Eazy and was featured during the chorus.
34. In March 2016, Rexha released the first single off of her debut album, A.Y.F.. The single, “No Broken Hearts,” features Nicki Minaj and was produced by The Invisible Men.
35. Prior to the release of the song, Rexha saw Minaj’s manager, Gee Roberson, at a party. She let him listen to the track and asked if Minaj would do a feature. Roberson sent the song to Minaj and she agreed to do the feature.
36. The music video for the song was released in April 2016 and was directed by Dave Meyer. By August 2016, the video had accumulated over 110 million views on YouTube.
37. On 29 July 2016 Bebe Rexha together with Dutch DJ and record producer Martin Garrix released the single “In the Name of Love”.
38. It has since peaked at number 47 on US Billboard Hot 100 and has entered the top 10 charts in several countries, including the United Kingdom, Canada and New Zealand.