Adam Lambert is an American singer, songwriter and stage actor. Since 2009, he has sold over 3 million albums and 5 million singles worldwide.
Let’s see some interesting facts about him!
1. Adam Mitchel Lambert was born January 29, 1982 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
2. His parents are Leila, a dental hygienist and Eber Lambert, a program manager for Novatel Wireless.
3. His father is of partial Norwegian descent and his mother is Jewish.
4. Lambert was raised in his mother’s religion.
5. He has a younger brother, Neil.
6. Shortly after his birth, his family moved to San Diego, California.
7. Lambert began performing with Metropolitan Educational Theatre network (now MET2) from the age of nine.
8. A few years later, he began more intense acting and vocal coaching, continuing to perform with both MET2 and what was to become the Broadway Bound Youth Theatre Foundation, as he moved through Mesa Verde Middle School and then Mount Carmel High School.
9. There, he became heavily involved with theater and choir, performed vocals with the school’s jazz band, and competed in the local Air Bands competitions.
10. He also appeared in local professional productions such as Hello, Dolly!, Camelot, The Music Man, Grease, Chess and Peter Pan, at venues such as The Starlight, The Lyceum and others.
11. After graduating high school in 2000, he attended California State University, Fullerton, but left after five weeks to move to Los Angeles: “I just decided that what I really wanted to do was try to work in the real entertainment world. Life is all about taking risks to get what you want.”
12. At 19, Lambert landed his first professional job, performing on a cruise ship for ten months with Anita Mann Productions.
13. Afterwards, he performed in light opera in Orange County, California.
14. By 21, he was signed with a manager and cast in a European tour of Hair.
15. In 2004, he appeared in the Theatre Under the Stars (TUTS) production of Brigadoon and a Pasadena Playhouse production of 110 in the Shade, before being cast in the role of Joshua in The Ten Commandments: The Musical at the Kodak Theatre alongside Val Kilmer.
16. He came to the attention of the casting director for Wicked, and was hired as the understudy for the role of Fiyero and an ensemble member in the first national touring production of the musical from 2005; and the Los Angeles production from 2007. He finished performances with the musical in 2008.
17. During this same period, Lambert briefly fronted underground rock band The Citizen Vein with Steve Sidelnyk, Tommy Victor and Monte Pittman.
18. He also worked as a demo singer and a session musician; a compilation of his 2005 recordings were released in 2009 on the album Take One by Hi Fi Recordings and Wilshire Records.
19. Lambert rose to fame in 2009 after finishing as runner-up on the eighth season of American Idol.
20. Later that year, he released his debut album, For Your Entertainment, which debuted at number three on the U.S. Billboard 200.
21. The album spawned several hit singles, including “Whataya Want from Me”, for which he received a Grammy nomination for “Best Male Pop Vocal Performance”.
22. In 2012, Lambert released his second studio album, Trespassing.
23. The album premiered at number one on the U.S. Billboard 200, making him the first openly gay artist to top the album charts.
24. In 2015, Lambert released his third album, The Original High, which debuted at number three on the U.S. Billboard 200.
25. Alongside his solo career, Lambert has collaborated with rock band Queen as lead vocalist for Queen + Adam Lambert since 2011, culminating in a successful world-wide tour from 2014 to 2016.
26. Lambert was in a relationship with Finnish entertainment reporter and reality TV personality Sauli Koskinen from November 2010 until April 2013, when Lambert announced that they had split up amicably and expected to remain friends.