Chris Pine is an American actor. Let’ see some amazing facts and trivia about him!
1. His full name is Christopher Whitelaw “Chris” Pine.
2. He was born on August 26, 1980.
3. Chris Pine was born in Los Angeles.
4. His father, Robert Pine, is an actor who co-starred on CHiPs as Sergeant Joseph Getraer, and his mother, Gwynne Gilford (born 1946), is a former actress who is now a practicing psychotherapist.
5. He has an older sister, Katie.
6. His maternal grandmother, Anne Gwynne, was a Hollywood actress, and his maternal grandfather, Max M. Gilford. was an attorney who was elected president of the Hollywood Bar Association.
7. Chris Pine’s maternal grandfather was from a Russian Jewish family, while Pine’s other ancestry is English, Welsh, German, and French.
8. He has stated, “I definitely have a spiritual outlook… I am not a religious guy, I am probably agnostic.”
9. On March 1, 2014, while filming Z for Zachariah in New Zealand, Pine was arrested by police near Methven after failing to pass a routine roadside breath alcohol test.
10. Chris Pine pleaded guilty to drunk driving on March 17, stating that he drank four vodkas at a local pub. Pine was disqualified from driving in New Zealand for six months and ordered to pay NZ$93 in reparation. He had a clean record, and the judge said that the incident was out of character.
11. Chris Pine graduated from the University of California, Berkeley in 2002, with a bachelor’s degree in English.
12. He was an exchange student at the University of Leeds in England for one year.
13. After graduating, Pine studied at the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco.
14. Chrs Pine’s first acting role was in a 2003 episode of ER.
15. The same year, he also appeared in episodes of The Guardian and CSI: Miami.
16. In 2004, he appeared in Why Germany?, a short film, and in The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement. Pine played the part of Nicholas Devereaux, the love interest of Anne Hathaway’s character in the film, which was released in August of that year to a strong box office.
17. In 2005, Pine appeared in an episode of the series Six Feet Under, as well as in Confession, an independent film that was released directly to video, and The Bulls, another short film.
18. Chris Pine appeared in the made-for-television film Surrender, Dorothy which aired in early 2006.
19. He also played Jake Hardin in the American film Just My Luck, a romantic comedy in which he starred opposite Lindsay Lohan, who played Ashley Albright.
20. The film was released on May 12, 2006. Later that year, Pine appeared in the comedy Blind Dating and in the action film Smokin’ Aces.
21. In 2007, he starred opposite Scott Wolf in the Los Angeles production of Neil LaBute’s play Fat Pig, winning positive reviews for his depiction of a competitive, alpha-male friend.
22. He portrayed real-life Napa Valley vintner Bo Barrett in the 2008 film Bottle Shock.
23. In 2007, Pine turned down a role in a film adaptation of White Jazz, to accept the part of James T. Kirk in the 2009 Star Trek film, which was released to critical and viewer acclaim in May of that year.
24. That same month, he made a brief appearance promoting the film on Saturday Night Live, with co-stars Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy.
25. During the rest of summer 2009, he appeared in the Los Angeles production of the Beau Willimon play Farragut North.
26. Chris Pine appeared in the Los Angeles production of the black comedy The Lieutenant of Inishmore during the summer of 2010, for which he won the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle’s lead appearance award.
27. Pine was rumored to play the title role in the 2011 Green Lantern film, but the role eventually went to Ryan Reynolds.
28. Chrs Pine portrayed the voice Jack Frost in Rise of the Guardians.
29. He reprised the role of Captain Kirk in the sequel to 2009’s Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, released in the US on May 15, 2013.
30. US Weekly magazine called him “the new Harrison Ford”.
31. At age 28, is the youngest actor to play the lead in a Star Trek film or series
32. Chris’s fans are affectionately known as “Pine Nuts”.