Mark Zuckerberg is the co founder of Facebook but i guess you already knew that, right?
Mark Zuckerberg’s name is brought up quite often these days because of scandal called ”Cambridge Analytica” and it involves the personal data that was collected by the company using Facebook.
The co founder and CEO of Facebook was called by the Congress to answer questions about the scandal and his statements went viral!
These are some facts you should know about Mark Zuckerberg!
- His full name is Mark Elliot Zuckerberg!
- He was born on th 14 of May in 1984!
- He was born in New York!
- He has three sisters! Randi, Donna, and Arielle!
- When he applied for his college application he wrote that he could speak and write French, Hebrew, Latin, and ancient Greek!
- He was interested in computer science when he was in middle school and his father did everything he could to teach him! He even got him a tutor so he can help understand computers!
- When he was in Harvard, Mark created a program that was called Facemash! As Mark Zuckerberg said, it was created for fun! In the program you could select the most beautiful person on campus!
- Cameron Winklevoss, Tyler Winklevoss, and Divya Narendra accused Zuckerberg of misleading them into believing he would help them build a social network called HarvardConnection.com.
- On February 2, 2004 , the platform called Facebook was launched! The three students that accused him filled a lawsuit against him and got an agreed settlement for 1.2 million Facebook shares.
- On May 28, 2017, Zuckerberg received an honorary degree from Harvard
- Jesse Eisenberg was the actor whom played Mark Zuckerberg in the movie ”Social Network”!
- He was raised Jewish but after some years he said he was an atheist! But that has changed also, because he shows an appreciation for Buddhism.
- His wife is called Priscilla Chan! She is pediatrician and she is also a Buddhist!
- They have two daughters!
- He has signed the “Giving Pledge” commitment, promising to donate at least 50% of his wealth over the course of his lifetime.
- He was very close to working for Microsoft but he went to college!
- He always admired Steve Jobs!
- Albert Einstein and Pablo Picasso are two figures of history he always looks up to!
- He dresses really casual! He mostly wears hoodies and T-Shirts!
- He and his wife can never be blocked from Facebook!