Sergio Ramos is a Spanish Professional footballer who plays for and captains both, Real Madrid and the Spain national footbal team. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about him!
1.Hi full name is Sergio Ramos García.
2. He was born 30 March 1986.
3. After emerging through Sevilla’s youth academy, Ramos went on to become a mainstay for Real Madrid where he has won 15 major honours and developed into one of La Liga’s top scorers from a defensive position.
4. Internationally, Ramos represented the Spanish national team at three World Cups and three European Championships, winning the former tournament in 2010 and the latter in 2008 and 2012.
5. He made his first appearance at the age of 18 and, in 2013, he became the nation’s youngest player to ever reach 100 caps.
6. Born in Camas, Seville, Andalusia, Ramos began his career at local side Sevilla FC, emerging through the club’s youth system alongside Jesús Navas and Antonio Puerta.
7. He made his first-team – and La Liga – debut on 1 February 2004, coming on as a 64th-minute substitute for Francisco Gallardo in a 0–1 away loss against Deportivo de La Coruña.
8. In the 2004–05 season, Ramos appeared in 41 games as Sevilla finished sixth and qualified to the UEFA Cup, scoring in home fixtures against Real Sociedad (2–1) and Real Madrid (2–2).
9. In the season’s edition of that European tournament, he scored his first continental goal, heading to conclude a 2–0 win over CD Nacional at the Estadio Ramon Sánchez Pizjuán in the first round (4–1 aggregate).
10. In the summer of 2005, Ramos was purchased by Real Madrid for €27 million, a record for a Spanish teenager.
11. He was the only Spanish player brought in during Florentino Pérez’s first stint as Real’s president.
12. At the club, Ramos was assigned the number 4 shirt, previously worn by Fernando Hierro.
13. On 6 December 2005 he netted his first goal for the Merengues, in a 1–2 UEFA Champions League group stage loss at Olympiacos
14. At the start of the 2009–10 season, Ramos was appointed as one of Real Madrid’s four captains. Because Pepe had suffered a serious knee injury during this campaign, Ramos was often deployed as central defender.
15. He scored four goals in 33 league matches; and, on 21 February 2010 he played his 200th official match for the capital team against Villarreal CF (150 in the first division).
16. Despite these personal highlights, Los Blancos finishing the campaign without picking up any silverware.
17. On 12 July 2011, Ramos extended his contract with Real Madrid until 2017.
18. The following 25 April, in the Champions League semi-finals’ second leg against FC Bayern Munich, he missed his penalty shootout attempt as Real Madrid lost 1–3; the league campaign ended in conquest after a four-year wait, and he was the player with most balls recovered in his team, third overall.
19. Sergaio Ramos is a strong player who excels in the air, making him a goal threat on set-pieces, and he is also a competent, aggressive tackler.
20. He is gifted with pace, good technical ability, as well as good distribution and crossing ability.
21. According to Spanish sports newspaper Marca, FIFA’s official records confirmed that Ramos has been clocked at a sprinting speed of 30.6 kilometers per hour.
22. He has been criticised, however, for his lack of discipline at times, and he holds the record for the most red cards obtained by a Real Madrid player.
23. Due to his leadership, his athletic and technical prowess, his ability to excel both offensively and defensively, as well as his tactical versatility, which allows him to be deployed as a centre back and as a full back, former manager Carlo Ancelotti has compared him to legendary defender Paolo Maldini
24. Due to his tactical versatility, he has also occasionally been deployed as a central or defensive midfielder, in particular under Ancelotti during the 2014–15 season.
25. Sergio Ramos entered a relationship with journalist/presenter Pilar Rubio in September 2012, and this was confirmed by both at the FIFA Ballon d’Or Gala.
26. They have two sons: Sergio (born May 6, 2014) and Marco (born November 14, 2015)
27. Ramos is a fan of bullfighting, which is popular in his hometown, and he is a personal friend of matador Alejandro Talavante
28. He celebrated victories for both club and country by playing with a matador’s cape.
29. Ramos is also a keen horse aficionado, owning a stud farm in his native Andalusia specifically dedicated to the breeding of the Andalusian horse.
30. His height is 1,83 metres.