Dylan Rieder was an American professional skateboarder and model. Let’ see some amazing facts and trivia about him!
1. His full name was Dylan Joseph Rieder.
2. He was born on May 26, 1988
3. He was born in Westminster, California, to Joe Rieder, a barber, and Dana, née Webb, now Ortiz.
4. He had a younger sister, Makenna.
5. At age of 9 he started skating.
6. Dylan Rieder turned pro at 18 for Alien Workshop with his breakout part in Transworld Skateboarding’s 2006 video A Time To Shine.
7. His Stance was goofy.
8. His sponsors included HUF, Fucking Awesome, Supreme, Spitfire and Thunder.
9. He left Alien Workshop when Dill and Ave dropped out in 2013 and started their own outfit.
10. Dylan Rieder then switched to their firm, “Fucking Awesome”.
11. Dylan Reider followed the hype by coming out with beyond impressive video parts such as Alien Workshop’s Mindfield, and a solo video part for Gravis simply titled Dylan.
12. Dylan continued to push the innovation and creativity of skateboarding with his unique style, and the ability to skate any kind of terrain.
13. Dylan also won Transworld’s reader’s choice award in 2010.
14. Extremely popular on Instagram as a result of both his athletic prowess and his fashion model looks, Rieder had attracted nearly 115,000 followers by early 2015.
15. Dylan Rieder took part in the 2014 Spring Ad Campaign of DKNY along with Cara Delevingne and Jourdan Dunn.
16. “His passion for life, art, music, fashion and skateboarding has always been contagious. Dylan will be remembered by all as a loving son, brother and friend. In lieu of sending flowers, the family requests donations be made in Dylan’s memory to Dr. Stephen Forman,” the statement to Jenkem said.
17. Dylan Rieder died at the age of 28 on October 12th, 2016.
18. He died due to complications from leukemia, surrounded by family and friends. His death was met with grieving from the skateboarding world on an unprecedented level.