Who would imagine that 14 years ago the whole world would be talking about Ellen Degeneres?
The great Ellen as most American’s call her made a difference in Hollywood when she ‘’came out’’ on national television on the Oprah Winfrey show and made the people see the real her because she spoke her truth. After her statement, the Hollywood industry was not able to cope with her sexuality preference and it cost her a lot of jobs.
Her great break through came with a show that teaches how people should be kind to one another.
Ellen gives a powerful message through every show, she scares a lot of celebrities with her pranks and the biggest thing of all: everybody gets a lot of gifts and cash…
Here are some facts you might have not known about Ellen DeGeneres
- Ellen is considered to be the most successful gay person in the world
- Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge and Ellen are 15th cousins via their shared common ancestor Thomas Fairfax.
- German, French, Irish and English blood runs through her veins.
- Before she started her comedian career, Ellen worked as a vacuum cleaner saleswoman, a TGI Friday’s waitress and an oyster shucker in New Orleans.
- She is a favorite when it comes to young boys and most of them want to be Ellens boyfriend when they are on the show.
- She has given to her fans over 10 million dollars worth of gifts and she is still ‘’going’’.
- She received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Obama but before that ,she had a funny incident when she forgot her ID and she was not able to enter the White House.
- Besides the Duchess of Cambrige – who is ‘’family’’- Madonna is also DeGeneres’ eleventh cousin.
- Remember the movie ‘’Speed’’? Well. Ellen was offered the role that Sandra Bullock took eventually!
- Ellen loves real estate…That’s why she changes houses often.
- She is vegan and she always shows her fans cute photos of her pet dogs and cats.
- Suits are her fashion statement
- Ellen loves driving fast cars .
- She is 59 years old and still has the energy of a teenager
- Ellen and her team have discovered a lot of youtube ‘’sensations’’ like Brielle.
- She hosted the Emmy’s in November 2001, after the big terrorist attack on 9/11 and Ellen got huge exposure because she addressed the world with this quote: “What would bug the Taliban more than seeing a gay woman in a suit surrounded by Jews?”
- She often expresses her opinion about Donald Trump on ‘’The Ellen Show’’ and she supported Hillary Clinton for the presidency till the end of the elections.
- She has never being involved in any scandals.
- A lot of companies choose her show to advertise their products cause lets face it everybody loves Ellen.
- Ellen loves kids but she never wanted some of her own…