Read them here!
1. In September 2010 she was named The World’s Most Beautiful Woman by People magazine.
2. She was named after her mother’s maiden name.
3. Beyoncé’s singing talent was discovered at the age of 8 in a dance class, when her teacher was singing a song and she finished it hitting all the high notes.
4. Her full name is Beyoncé Giselle Carter-Knowles.
5. Beyoncé’s voice is categorized as a mezzo-soprano.
6. Beyoncé suffered from depression for two years, but kept it hidden as it was around the time that Destiny’s Child won their Grammy.
7. She has Native American, African, Irish and French heritage and is descended from Joseph Broussard, the Acadian leader through her mother.
8. Beyoncé served as ambassador for the 2012 World Humanitarian Day.
9. She established the Beyoncé Cosmetology Center at the nonprofit Phoenix House in Brooklyn, N.Y.
10. She was born September 4, 1981 in Houston, Texas.
11. Her first solo tour was in 2004.
12. As a young girl, she won a school singing competition with John Lennon’s “Imagine”
13. Sasha Fierce was Beyoncé’s alter ego, and was created in 2003 to help her get over shyness on stage. She told Allure Magazine in 2010 that she no longer feels the need for a stage persona.
14. Her ultimate style icon is British supermodel Kate Moss.
15. At 8 she also met her future Destiny’s child band mates Kelly Rowland and LaTavia Robertson in an audition, they were placed with three other girls as part of the all-girl group Girl’s Tyme
16. Some of her nicknames include Bey, B, Queen B and Princess of Pop.
17. Her debut album Dangerously in Love, earned her five Grammys.
18. She married rapper, Jay-Z, on April 4, 2008.
19. She’s also signed multi-million dollar endorsement deals with Pepsi, American Express, and L’Oreal.
20. She is a generous person. Beyoncé joined former Destiny’s Child bandmate, Kelly Rowland, to create the Survivor Foundation, which provides relief to victims of natural disasters. Also built the Knowles Temenos Place Apartments in the greater Houston area.
21. Some of her favorite things to do include staying home and watching TV and sitting courtside with husband Jay-Z at Brooklyn Nets games.
22. “A Star is Born” was her favorite movie of all time.
23. In 2010, Guinness World Records named them the Highest Earning Power Couple, after earning $122 million that year.
24. Her mother is a hairstylist and a costume designer named as Tina Beyonce. Her father is a record manager named as Mathew Knowles
25. Beyoncé’s pregnancy announcement earned the Guinness World Book of Records title for most tweets per second
26. She has worked with several other charities including Chime for Change, Girl Up, Elevate Network, International Planned Parenthood Federation, Girls Inc. of Greater Houston, and I Was Here.
27. Jay Z once rapped that he and Beyoncé had a miscarriage before Blue Ivy and she even talked about it in her documentary.
28. Her mother, Tina, has been involved with Beyoncé’s career for years, beginning with designing the wardrobe for Destiny’s Child.
29. The couple’s first daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, was born on Jan. 7, 2012.
30. Two days later Blue became the youngest person to land on the Billboard charts, as her cries were recorded on the Jay-Z track “Glory.”
31. She became the first non-supermodel or non-athlete to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit issue in 2007.
32. Her sister, Solange, is also a successful singer.
33. Beyonce’s favorite number is 4. Her mother was born on January 4th. She was married on April 4th. Her birthday is September 4th and her husband’s is December 4th.
34. She is 5 ft 6 in tall.
35. Her net worth is around $300 million and Jay Z is worth $500 million.