Read them here!
1. Ronda’s umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck at birth, which cut off oxygen to her brain and caused a slight learning disability which meant that she had difficulty with language and wasn’t able to speak until she was six years old.
2. She’s a ‘Sports Illustrated’ swimsuit model Rarely do female fighters make it into Sports Illustrated’s swimsuit edition, but Rousey graced the 2015 installment, growing her legend and fan base.
3. She’s UFC’s first female fighter. In 2012, Rousey became the first female fighter to sign with UFC and was awarded the inaugural women’s bantamweight championship.
4. Ronda Rousey owns the octagon. Ronda Rousey’s years in the UFC have been the most dominant the sport has seen. She has never been in danger of losing a fight and there isn’t a single female fighter in the UFC who can challenge her. She’s essentially turned into Mike Tyson in the ring.
5. She’s never lost an MMA fight. In 12 professional fights, Ronda Rousey has yet to be truly tested by her opponents. She’s undefeated, and only one opponent, Miesha Tate, got out of the first round.
6. She tried Tinder. When Rousey was single, she tried using the popular dating app Tinder under an alias. Alas, she was too famous and was spotted immediately.
7. She’s the biggest draw at UFC. Rousey might make quick work of her opponents, but fans can’t wait to see the carnage she produces when the lights come on.
8. She makes quick work of her opponents. Rousey holds the UFC record for fastest submission in championship history. She tapped out Cat Zingano with an armbar in just 14 seconds, two seconds faster than when she TKO’d Alexis Davis in 16 seconds. In Rousey’s last three fights, Rousey has won in one minute and four seconds… combined.
9. She loves Pokemon. Rousey will beat you up in the ring or in the video game world of Pokemon. She’s such a big fan of catching ’em all that she trained in a Pikachu outfit.
10. She threw shade at Floyd Mayweather. After winning the ESPY for Best Fighter, Ronda Rousey proceeded to (verbally) knock out Floyd Mayweather by proclaiming: “I can’t help but really say that I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once. I’d like to see you pretend to not know who I am now.”
11. She voted for Roseanne. In the same Maxim interview, Rousey admitted that she voted for Roseanne Barr in the previous election.
12. She endorsed Bernie Sanders. If you ask Rousey a question, expect an extremely honest answer. During an interview with Maxim, Rousey said she “Feels the Bern” and will vote for Bernie Sanders in the upcoming 2016 Presidential Election.
13. She was the best part of Entourage. Ronda Rousey played herself in the 2015 summer flick Entourage. She was also the love interest of the affable Turtle from the flick.
14. She’s the next big movie star. When you’ve dominated the sport like Rousey has, it’s time to dip your toes into different waters. Rousey’s had roles in Furious 7 and The Expendables 3. She’s also hinted at her desire to do more films.
15. She outshined The Rock at WrestleMania. In the biggest moment of WrestleMania 31, The Rock grabbed Rousey from the stands and she entered the ring. At an event The Rock has long owned, it was Rousey’s name the millions (and millions) of fans chanted.
16. She’s on the cover of ‘UFC 2’. Ronda Rousey, the shining star of MMA, will be immortalized on the cover of the upcoming video game “UFC 2.” Rousey said, “it’s surreal to see myself on the cover. For a woman to be on the cover of a UFC video game, it shows a lot of progress.”
17. You might think that her first visit to the ER would be for one of her countless judo injuries, but it was actually because she was sticking Raisinette candies up her nose and they got stuck.
18. In an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Rousey locked the host in her signature submission hold.
19. When the President of UFC says you’re the top dog in the sport, you listen. Dana White admitted recently that Rousey was the biggest star UFC’s ever had.
20. Rousey’s submission of choice for her foes is her signature armbar. The lethal move has ended nine of her 11 fights.
21. Her mom used to wake her up in the middle of the night to practice judo techniques, only allowing her to return to sleep once she would lock in a submission or escape one. That may be why Ronda seems like such a natural, the way her moves flow shows that she doesn’t have to think about it – it’s reflex.
22. This won’t be news to anyone who has been following Ronda’s career, but with her mainstream fame many people may not realize that she’s following in her mother’s footsteps. AnnMaria De Mars won a gold medal at the 1984 World Championships of Judo.
23. Ronda would wake up, train hard all day, then eat a huge supper which consisted of whatever she wanted. This unorthodox diet isn’t something she still does. Her reasoning was that hunger drove her to train harder, and that she wouldn’t be able to push herself to work as hard on a full stomach.
24. No matter the sport, what Ronda Rousey has done in her short time as an MMA fighter rivals the dominance of any athlete in the world today.
25. When she’s not dominating in the UFC or starring in the next action flick, Rousey is penning a book about her life. She wrote My Fight / Your Fight in 2015.
26. Before turning to the UFC, Rousey won a bronze medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, becoming the first American woman to win a medal in Judo.
27. Before Ronda’s fight with Cat Zingano at UFC 184 (The one that she finished in 14 seconds) they were filming promo videos at her house, and she was sitting at her computer playing World of Warcraft.
28. Ronda’s lovely mother refer’s to all of Ronda’s suitors by the name Bob, regardless of what their name is. “What’s the point in learning his name if he’s not going to be sticking around?” says AnnMaria De Mars. To differentiate, AnnMaria ads a number after Bob, and that’s what she calls them to their faces, too.
29. She would like to be Miss Marvel if she played a super hero.
30. She worked as a canine physical therapy assistant.