You can read them in the list below!
1. Actress Julia Fiona Roberts was born on October 28, 1967, in Smyrna, Georgia, the youngest of three children and surrounded by creative individuals.
2. She made her debut on the television series Crime Story (1986-88).
3. Roberts became known to worldwide audiences when she co-starred with Richard Gere in Pretty Woman in 1990. The role also earned her a second Oscar nod, this time as Best Actress.
4. Her major break came when she starred as the vulnerable Daisy in Mystic Pizza (1988).
5. In 1987, she starred in Satisfaction alongside Liam Neeson. Although the movie didn’t do well, they fell in love and moved in together. She was 19 and he was 35 at the time. They broke up a year later.
6. Pretty Woman was originally titled $3,000 (the amount Vivian was paid for the week). However, the title was confusing to the audience and they decided to change it.p
7. Her parents were both actors who ran a workshop for aspiring writers and performers until their divorce in 1971.
8. She once tried out for a part on All My Children (1970), but was turned down.
9. Gave birth to twins (her first and second child) at age 37, a son Phinnaeus Moder (aka Phinnaeus Walter Moder) and a daughter Hazel Moder (aka Hazel Patricia Moder) on November 28, 2004. Child’s father is her second husband, Daniel Moder.
10. She has two older siblings.
11. A 22-year-old Roberts is named one of PEOPLE’s Most Beautiful People. “She’s is a cross between Audrey Hepburn, Lucille Ball and Bambi,” Garry Marshall, who directed her in Pretty Woman, tells PEOPLE. The following year, she makes the cover.
12. She has English, German, Swedish, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh ancestry.
13. She won her first Oscar as in the movie “Erin Brockovich”. Roberts was the first actress to receive a $20 million salary for a single film, for her title role in 2000’s Erin Brockovich. Since Erin Brockovich-Ellis is right handed and Roberts is not, she had to learn to use her right hand for movie.
14. Was engaged to her Steel Magnolias (1989) co-star, Dylan McDermott. Julia ended her relationship with Dylan McDermott in 1990 and started dating Kiefer Sutherland.
15. As a child Julia used to bite her toenails off instead of clipping them. “I was very limber,”she told Movieline in 2002.
16. She turned down the female lead in Shakespeare in Love which went to Gwyneth Paltrow and led her to win an Academy Award for the role.
17. In New York shooting Stepmom (which she coproduced with friend and costar Susan Sarandon), Roberts spots Law & Order actor Benjamin Bratt at Raoul’s restaurant and orchestrates an introduction. “I realized immediately that he is someone who will always challenge me in that great way that keeps you moving forward,” Roberts tells McCall’s in 2000. “[He] is all a girl could ever ask for.”
18. Played clarinet in her school band.
19. In 1996, Roberts appears on an episode of Friends. A few weeks before the show airs, she is spotted in L.A. with Matthew Perry, whom she dates briefly.
20. Before dreaming of becoming an actress, she wanted to be a veterinarian.
21. She broke off her engagement to Kiefer Sutherland three days before their wedding. She married Daniel Moder in July 2002, and the couple had twins in November, 2004 and a third child, a son named Henry, in 2007.
22. As a child Julia used to bite her toenails off instead of clipping them. “I was very limber,”she told Movieline in 2002.
23. The infamous necklace scene wasn’t actually planned. Julia wasn’t feeling well so to make her laugh, Richard shut the case and her reaction was so perfect they kept it in the movie.
24. She attended Griffin Middle School and then Campbell High School.
25. Julia Roberts wanted to name her son, Henry, George, but didn’t because she thought people would think she named him after George Clooney. “That would seem weird,” she told EW.
26. Julia is not actually featured on the cover for the movie Pretty Woman, well her body at least. Her head was actually superimposed on body double Shelley Michelle.
27. Meg Ryan was supposed to star as Vivian in Pretty Woman, but she turned it down.
28. Ironically enough, Julia turned down leading role in Sleepless in Seattle (1993) which went to Meg Ryan.
29. After George Clooney and Brad Pitt found out that she was going to be joining them in Ocean’s Eleven (2001), they sent her a card that read “We heard that you get 20 per film” and in it was a $20 bill. It was funny because she reportedly earns $20 million per film. She never acted in a sequel until Ocean’s Twelve (2004).
30. She is 5′ 9″ tall.