Travis Fimmel is an Australian actor and former model. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about him!
1.Travis Fimmel was born on 14 July 1979, near Echuca, Victoria.
2. He was raised on a 5,500-acre dairy farm in Lockington.
3. He is the youngest of three brothers, he is the son of Jennie, a recreation officer for the disabled, and Chris, a cattle farmer.
4. Aspiring to be a professional Australian rules footballer, Travis Fimmel moved to Melbourne in his late teens to play for the St Kilda Football Club in the AFL, but a broken leg sidelined him before the season began.
5. He was accepted into RMIT to study commercial architecture and engineering but later deferred to travel abroad.
6. Travis Fimmel’s favourite recreational activities include Australian rules football, camping, surfing, riding motorbikes and going to the beach.
7. Travis Fimmel also played a celebrity cricket match in the 2009 Australia vs England Hollywood Ashes with fellow Australian actors Jesse Spencer (from House) and Cameron Daddo (from Models Inc.), plus celebrity chef Curtis Stone, INXS bass guitarist Garry Gary Beers and fast bowler Michael Kasprowic
8. Travis Fimmel’s modelling career first began when he was spotted working out at a gym in the Melbourne suburb of Hawthorn by the flatmate of Matthew Anderson, a talent scout for the prestigious Chadwick Models agency.
9. Travis Fimmel headed overseas and was signed on the spot with agency LA Models in 2002 after walking into their office broke and barefoot.
10. He then became the first male in the world to secure a six-figure deal to model exclusively for Calvin Klein for a year.
11. He fronted CK’s Crave men’s fragrance campaign and modelled the brand’s famous underwear.
12. It was reported that one of his London billboards had to be pulled down after complaints from an auto club of traffic congestion and accidents by ‘rubbernecking’ female drivers, but Fimmel insisted the story started with a rumour spread on the internet.
13. He was named one of the world’s sexiest bachelors by America’s People magazine in 2002 and at the time was regarded as “the most in-demand male model in the world”.
14. It has even been suggested by some journalists that Fimmel was the inspiration for Sex and the City heartthrob ‘Jerry’ Smith Jerrod.
15. Travis Fimmel appeared on various magazine covers, including France’s Numero Homme and America’s TV Guide.,as well as on top-rating American TV shows in 2003 including Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Sharon Osbourne Show, Live with Regis and Kathie Lee, MTV’s Total Request Live and entertainment TV news program Extra.
16. He also made a cameo appearance in the bar scene of a video clip for Janet Jackson’s “Someone to Call My Lover”.
17. He played a hunk loading hay onto the back of a pick-up truck in Jennifer Lopez’s “I’m Real” (original version).
18. Preferring to be known for his acting rather than his modelling, Fimmel turned down an offer from Australia’s Seven Network to be a guest judge on the TV series Make Me A Supermodel.
19. Travis Fimmel studied under Hollywood acting coach Ivana Chubbuck, taking two years to pluck up the courage to audition for his first role, saying “half of acting is overcoming your fears [and] letting yourself be vulnerable in front of people”.
20. He landed the title lead in Warner Bros. 2003 TV series Tarzan, described by CNN as one of the “five hottest things happening in entertainment right now”, in which he did most of his own stunts.
21. In addition, he appeared in the studio’s pilot Rocky Point (with Lauren Holly) in 2005, the Fox movie Southern Comfort (with Madeleine Stowe) in 2006 and The Big Valley with Richard Dreyfuss and Jessica Lange in 2011.
22. In 2008, he portrayed a murderer in Restraint and a party boy in Surfer, Dude with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.
23. In 2010, he portrayed a compassionate cowboy in Pure Country 2: The Gift and a forensic photographer in Australian horror movie Needle, co-starring Ben Mendelsohn.
24. It was Fimmel’s role as Helweg, a cheeky-but-brutish prison guard, that saw him star opposite Academy Award recipients Adrien Brody and Forest Whitaker as well as Cam Gigandet in the 2010 film release The Experiment.
25. It was reported that the role originally went to Elijah Wood, who pulled out of shooting for reasons unknown, so Fimmel instead took the job.
26. The film is based on a real-life experiment on volunteers by Stanford University that was cut short after spinning out of control, with ‘guards’ exhibiting sadistic behaviour and ‘prisoners’ suffering depression.
27. Travis Fimmel’s TV profile received a boost when he starred opposite Patrick Swayze in cable network A&E’s 2009 series, The Beast (screened in Australia on ABC2).
28. He played rookie undercover FBI agent Ellis Dove partnered with a hardened veteran cop, Swayze’s Charles Barker. Fimmel’s character relies on his wits to navigate a high-pressure environment, browbeaten by Barker and resisting attempts by Internal Affairs to force him to spy on his mentor.
29. Production ceased after 13 episodes due to Swayze’s death from pancreatic cancer.
30. He then played fugitive Mason Boyle in two episodes of NBC’s 2010 action-adventure Chase (season 1, episodes 1 and 8), produced by Emmy Award-winning Jerry Bruckheimer.
31. Travis Fimmel depicted a dangerous man on the run after a murderous rampage, tracked down by a team of US marshals who later try to enlist his help in nabbing a serial killer.
32. Travis Fimmel appeared in FX’s TV pilot Outlaw Country in 2011 with Luke Grimes, described as a “modern drama set against the back drop of a southern organized crime family”.
33. According to Variety magazine, he plays a rugged, “hard-drinking gang member and the main character’s best friend”.
34. He co-starred with Billy Bob Thornton and Eva Longoria in the 2013 redneck Southern comedy flick The Baytown Outlaws.
35. He played one of the three hapless Oodie brothers who bites off more than he can chew when he agrees to help a woman get her godson back from her deadbeat ex-husband.
36. Fimmel was signed as the lead character in the television series Vikings, co-starring Jessalyn Gilsig, Katheryn Winnick and Gabriel Byrne.
37. USA Today described Fimmel’s performance as “engaging”, while the Huffington Post called it his “breakout role”.
38. Travis Fimmel starred in Warcraft (2016), a live-action adaptation of the video games of the same name.
39. His height is 1,82m
40. He now resides in Los Angeles.