Thor: Ragnarok is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Thor, produced by Marvel Studios. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about it!
1.It is intended to be the sequel to 2011’s Thor and 2013’s Thor: The Dark World and the seventeenth film installment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
2. The film is directed by Taika Waititi with a screenplay by Eric Pearson, and stars Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Idris Elba, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, Karl Urban, Mark Ruffalo and Anthony Hopkins.
3. In Thor: Ragnarok, Thor must defeat the Hulk in a gladiatorial duel in time to save Asgard from Hela and the coming Ragnarök.
4. A third Thor film was confirmed in January 2014, with the title and involvement of Hemsworth and Hiddleston announced that October. Waititi joined the film as director the next October, after Alan Taylor chose not to return from the second film, and Ruffalo joined the cast, crossing over the character Hulk from other MCU films.
5. With the Hulk’s inclusion, elements from the 2006 comic storyline “Planet Hulk” were adapted for Ragnarok.
6. Principal photography took place from July to October, 2016, in Queensland and Sydney, Australia, with the film having exclusive use of Village Roadshow Studios in Oxenford.
7. In January 2016, with the film beginning pre-production, Ruffalo described it as a “road movie” and indicated that additional filming would take place in Sydney.
8. Waititi stated that he was working on the script “a little bit”, mainly adding humor to the screenplay.
9. The next month, Blanchett was confirmed to have been cast as Hela, while Alexander said in early March that she was no longer sure if she would appear in the film, due to the recent script rewrites, and her only having a short time frame to participate during the hiatus of her television series Blindspot.
10. In April, Tessa Thompson joined the cast as Thor’s love interest, as Natalie Portman was confirmed to not be returning from the previous films as love interest Jane Foster.
11. Feige later explained that Foster and Thor have broken up between films.
12. Principal photography began on July 4, 2016, under the working title Creature Report,at Village Roadshow Studios in Oxenford, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia,exclusively using all nine of the studios’ sound stages.
13. Javier Aguirresarobe served as cinematographer on the film, with Dan Hennah as production designer.
14. Aguirresarobe described working on the film as “a rare combination of satisfaction and frustration” stating, “As a cinematographer you dream of doing a personalized job and this is not the case, quite the opposite. You disappear. Your function is to achieve a technically flawless image, to the service of the director and a key character of production, which is the visual effects supervisor.”
15. He added that it became frustrating at times because it was difficult to know “where you are inside the movie” but felt “very happy to have been able to respond to such incredible technical requirement.”
16. Additional filming was to occur throughout the state of Queensland,as well as in Sydney. At the start of filming, Eric Pearson was revealed to be an additional writer on the film, which was confirmed in January 2017, with Pearson receiving sole screenwriting credit and Kyle, Yost and Folsom receiving story credit.
17. At the end of the month, Hulk’s gladiator armor was displayed at the San Diego Comic-Con International, revealing that the film would take some inspiration from the “Planet Hulk” storyline. Concept art released at the convention also revealed that the characters Surtur and Fenris Wolf would appear in the film.
18.Towards the end of September 2016, Sam Neill, who worked with Waititi in Hunt for the Wilderpeople, revealed he had a role in the film.
19. Shortly after, Waititi teased the inclusion of the character Korg in the film.
20. In mid-October, Waititi revealed that new camera technology had been used for a shot in the film, and that he had hoped to include John C. Reilly’s Nova Corpsman Rhomann Dey in the film, but there was “no real way to pull it off.”
21. Principal photography wrapped on October 28, 2016, with Waititi also revealing that the character Miek would appear in the film
22. Thor: Ragnarok is scheduled to be released in the United Kingdom on October 27, 2017, and in North America on November 3, 2017, in IMAX. It was originally scheduled for release on July 28, 2017