Spider-Man: Homecoming is a 2017 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man, co-produced by Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios, and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing.
Let’s see some interesting facts about it!
1. It is the second reboot of the Spider-Man film franchise and the sixteenth film of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).
2. The film is directed by Jon Watts, with a screenplay by the writing teams of Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley, Watts and Christopher Ford and Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers.
3. The film stars Tom Holland, Michael Keaton, Jon Favreau, Donald Glover, Zendaya, Jacob Batalon, Laura Harrier, Tyne Daly, Marisa Tomei, and Robert Downey Jr.
4. In Spider-Man: Homecoming, Peter Parker tries to balance high school life with being the hero Spider-Man as he faces the Vulture.
5. In February 2015, Marvel Studios and Sony reached a deal to share the character rights of Spider-Man, integrating the character into the established MCU.
6. The following June, Holland was cast as the title character, while Watts was hired to direct, followed shortly after by the casting of Tomei and the hiring of Daley and Goldstein to write the script.
7. In April 2016, the film’s title was revealed, along with additional castings including Downey.
8. Principal photography began in June 2016 at Pinewood Atlanta Studios in Fayette County, Georgia and continued in New York City before concluding in Berlin the following October.
9. During filming, Watts, Christopher Ford, Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers were revealed as additional screenwriters, and more cast members were confirmed.
10. Spider-Man: Homecoming premiered in Hollywood on June 28, 2017 and will be released in the United States on July 7, 2017, in 3D, IMAX and IMAX 3D.
11. Homecoming received critical acclaim, praising Holland and the cast’s performances, the musical score, the light tone and the action sequences. A sequel is scheduled to be released on July 5, 2019.
12. This will be the youngest Peter Parker yet. At just 15 years old, Marvel has given us a glimpse at Peter in his nerdy glory.
13. They’re staying true to his Queens, NY, roots.
14. Aunt May is much, much younger. She gains a more “big sister” role.
15. Uncle Ben will be basically nonexistent. Although Holland kept information about Uncle Ben’s role in this Peter’s story under wraps, Carroll confirmed that the character will be alluded to at best.
16. The Vulture is a totally new kind of Marvel villain. “He’s somewhat of a victim,” Keaton said Toomes’s motivations. “He takes things in to feel like a victim. And some of it is justified actually, because he believes that there is an upper echelon of society and people who are getting away with a lot and have everything, and there was a whole lot of folks who are working hard and don’t have much. Does that sound familiar to anybody, given the political climate?”
17. The cast had to watch a John Hughes movie marathon to prepare. Spider-Man: Homecoming is first and foremost a coming-of-age tale, so Watts turned to the master of such stories: John Hughes.