Millie Bobby Brown is a Spanish-born English actress, she is best known for her role at “Stranger Things” series. Let’ see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.She was born on February 19, 2004.
2. Millie Bobby Brown was born in Barcelona to British parents.
3. She was one brother and one older sister.
4. She learnt her impeccable American accent at a young age by watching movies on the Disney Channel.
5. Her family moved to Orlando, Florida, in 2011, where Millie enrolled in acting classes to give her something to do on Saturdays.
6. There she was spotted by a Hollywood talent scout who was impressed by her innate abilities, so the whole family relocated to Los Angeles.
7. She told Millie’s parents that “she has instincts you cannot teach.” She advised Millie’s parents that Millie could “mix it with the best kids in Hollywood.
8. When they arrived, she was offered representation by nearly every agent who met with her.
9. After only three months in Hollywood she was given the role of young Alice in ABC’s Once Upon A Time In Wonderland.
10. Her first big break was the role of disturbed runaway Madison O’Donnell in BBC America’s Intruders, a very challenging introduction to acting.
11. She secured her part in Intruders before the casting directors had even met her, because they were so impressed by the audition tape she sent them.
12. Millie Bobby Brown has also had guest appearances on NCIS, Modern Family and Grey’s Anatomy.
13. Her invitation to audition for Stranger Things came as a bit of a surprise since Millie was living back in England with her family at that point.
14. She had to audition for stranger things using ‘dummy sides’ – fake scenes used to test an actor’s ability without giving away the plot – and knew very little about her character until she got the part.
15. The Duffer Brothers also failed to mention that she would have to shave her head until the final audition.
16. That upset her mother and Millie but the Duffer Brothers showed her a photo of Natalie Portman (when she shaved her hair for the film “V for Vendetta” and she was convinced.
17. Speaking to SciFiNow, Millie said: “I was like ‘Mum, let’s just cut it off, it grows back, it’s not permanent and I need to show how much I’m involved with this character and how much I’m involved with the show.’ I wanted the best for the show and if that’s what I had to do, then that’s what I had to do!”
18. To prepare for the show she was asked to watch 80s films including Poltergeist, Stand By Me and The Goonies.
19. She has stated that she would like to have lived then.
20. The most important reference she was given was ET, since the Duffer brothers saw a lot of parallels between the naivety and isolation of Eleven and the much-loved alien.
21. One of the most challenging things about the part was the lack of dialogue. Compared to her role in Intruders, Eleven says virtually nothing and so Millie was forced to convey most of her emotions just through her actions and expressions.
22. In her interview with SciFiNow she described the rare occasions when she had lines as a Christmas present and said: “I really give credit to the Duffers because they really envisioned what they wanted for that character. I didn’t have to speak much but I really had to portray through my face and my emotions what my character had to do.”
23. She has stated that on Sundays she and her whole family go for a roast dinner before they all come home and watch a film together.
24. She is homeschooled (which she says is sometimes lonely) since her family moved a lot while she was a child and she now has to fit homework around her acting work.
25. Millie Bobby Brown is a devoted boxing fan, going to the gym most days.
26. She has stated that: “I do Thai boxing Mondays, jujitsu Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Wednesdays I do boxing with Mark,” she told Vulture. “He was a world champion at one point. I absolutely love it. I actually have a punching bag right outside in my garden. I’m obsessed with working out. I eat like a pig so it kind of makes up for that.
26. In the same interview with Vulture, she revealed what she is afraid of: “Sharks freak me out. I love whales, and I’m very intrigued by whales. “I write many essays on whales. I love whales, especially orcas. And dolphins. I just don’t like sharks. They freak me out.”
27. She loves to sing and is a fan of Adele and Amy Winehouse.
28. Although her favourite artist is Ed Sheeran.
29. At Jimmy Fallon show she demonstrated her talent to rap.
Watch the video here:
30. Inspired by her amazement when she saw one for the first time on the set of Stranger Things, her parents bought her a record player for Christmas which quickly became a favourite possession.
31. A huge Winona Ryder fan, Millie got the chance to work with her hero on Stranger Things and the two have since become good friends.