Mera is Aquaman’s girl!
If you are getting all hypped up about the upcoming movie of Aquaman, then you should defiantly find out about his girl, Mera!
These are some facts you must know about her!
- Mera is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by DC Comics.
- She was created by Jack Miller and Nick Cardy.
- Mera first appeared in Aquaman issue 11 in September 1963.
- Mera is the former Queen of Dimension Aqua (Xebel), Queen of Atlantis, and wife of DC Comics superhero Aquaman.
- In her first chronological appearance, Mera is shown to be fleeing the criminal Leron, who seized control of her kingdom, when she arrives on Earth and meets Aquaman and Aqualad, who vow to help her.
- She has a twin sister called Hila.
- In the comic books, we see that Mera Mera has the unique ability to form “hard water” objects, as well as super strength and powers related to her adaptation to living under water. She has been shown to be powerful enough to control, albeit briefly, huge amounts of water, enough to pull an entire army out to sea.
- She has being trained to be a formidable opponent on her own.
- Mera joins the Justice League in issue 24 after Aquaman loses his throne.
- Her main weakness was her struggle with mental insanity.
- In Comics Buyer’s Guide’s she was ranked in place 81 of “100 Sexiest Women in Comics” list.
- Amber Heard is portraying Mera in the Aquaman movie.
- There have been different stories about Mera. Some say that she had a baby with Thanatos but no one knows the truth.
- She had a baby with Aquaman, called Aquababy.
- Mera has alien physiology because she is from Dimension Aqua. She left Atlantis to go back to that place after she and Aquaman decided to stop having a relationship!