Louis Garrel (born 14 June 1983) is a French actor and filmmaker. He is best known for his starring role in The Dreamers, directed by Bernardo Bertolucci. Let’s see some interesting facts and trivia about him!
1.Louis Garrel is the son of director Philippe Garrel and actress Brigitte Sy.
2. His grandfather, Maurice Garrel, and his godfather, Jean-Pierre Léaud, are also notable French actors.
3. He is a graduate of the Conservatoire de Paris.
4. Louis Garrel was six when he first appeared onscreen, in the film Le baisers de secours.
5. Twelve years later, he appeared in his second film, Ceci est mon corps.
6. In 2002, Garrel gained international recognition playing Eva Green’s twin brother in The Dreamers.
7. Director Bernardo Bertolucci found him on the first session of casting in Paris.
8. Louis Garrel has since starred in various French films, including Les Amants réguliers (2005), directed by his father Philippe Garrel. He was awarded the César Award for Most Promising Actor for his work in the film.
9. The youngest Garrel has been exploring his talents: he showcased his singing ability in the Christophe Honoré-directed film Les Chansons d’amour.
10. In 2008, Garrel wrote and directed a short film, Mes copains (My buddies).
11. Aside from his native French, Garrel speaks English and Italian.
12. Louis Garrel was in a relationship with Valeria Bruni Tedeschi from 2007 to 2012. She is the elder sister of Carla Bruni, the former French First Lady.
13. In 2009 Bruni Tedeschi and Garrel adopted a baby from Senegal, whom they named Céline.
14. Louis Garrel dated French-Iranian actress Golshifteh Farahani from 2012 to 2014.
15. As of April 2015, Garrel is in a relationship with Laetitia Casta.