Kevin Hart is an American actor, comedian, writer, and producer. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia him!
1.His full name is Kevin Darnell Hart.
2. He was born July 6, 1979.
3. He was raised by his single mother, Nancy Hart, and has one brother, Robert.
4. His father, Henry Witherspoon,a cocaine addict, was in and out of jail throughout most of Kevin’s childhood, and Kevin used humor as a way to cope with his troubled family life.
5. After graduating from high school, Hart briefly attended the Community College of Philadelphia and moved to New York City.
6. He then moved to Brockton, Massachusetts, and found work as a shoe salesman.
7. He began pursuing a career in stand-up comedy after performing at an amateur night at a club in Philadelphia.
8. Kevin Hart’s first gig was at The Laff House in Philadelphia under the name of Lil Kev, which did not go well.
9. His career suffered a slow start, as he was booed off stage several times, once even having a piece of chicken thrown at him.
10. After those initial unsuccessful shows, Hart began entering comedy competitions throughout Massachusetts, and his fortunes soon turned for the better.
11. It took time for Hart to develop a unique comedic style. After an early period of attempting to imitate comedians like Chris Tucker, he found his own rhythm by delving into his insecurities and life experiences. “Because of what I do, it has to be an open book,” he has said. “But right now this is a book that is being written.”
12. Hart’s comedy tours began in 2009 with his act titled “I’m a Grown Little Man,” followed by “Seriously Funny” in 2010, “Laugh at My Pain” in 2011, and most recently, his TV special titled “Let Me Explain” in 2013.
13. It was announced in October 2013 that ABC will be making a 30-minute pilot based on Hart’s stand-up act. Hart does not plan to star in the sitcom, but does plan on having a recurring role.
15. On April 9, 2015, Hart embarked a comedy world tour titled the What Now? Tour at the AT&T Center in San Antonio, and concluded on August 7, 2016 at the Columbus Civic Center in Columbus.
16. Hart came to prominence from his guest appearance in Undeclared. He made his film debut in the film Paper Soldiers. Hart then gained further recognition from his other films such as the Scary Movie franchise, Soul Plane, The 40-Year-Old Virgin, Death at a Funeral, and Little Fockers.
17. He played Doug in the film The Five-Year Engagement (2012) and appeared in Think Like a Man which was a box office success. He also appeared in the sequel. He had a cameo as himself in This Is the End. In 2013, Hart played a boxing promoter in Grudge Match and appeared in Exit Strategy as Mannequin Head Man. He also appeared in 35 and Ticking.
18. In 2013, Hart co-created Real Husbands of Hollywood with Chris Spencer. The show follows Hart along with other married celebrities (each playing a comical fictionalized version of themselves) within the series including: Boris Kodjoe, Nelly, Duane Martin, J.B. Smoove, Nick Cannon, and Robin Thicke. Thicke didn’t return for the second season due to his music career, though Hart has stated that the door is open for Thicke to return. The series is intentionally filmed in a style similar to Bravo’s The Real Housewives.
19. Episodes often hinge on the “real” Kevin Hart’s desperately unsuccessful attempts to climb Hollywood’s celebrity social ladder (which always backfire in humiliating ways), and the character’s barely-hidden jealousy of his more successful celebrity friends. A sneak peek was shown as a segment during the 2012 BET Awards and the official promo was released in October 2012.
20. Also in 2015, Hart starred in the films Get Hard with Will Ferrell and The Wedding Ringer.
21. In addition to acting, Hart has also hosted various ceremonies. Hart first hosted the 2011 BET Awards. Hart then hosted the 2012 MTV Video Music Awards.[
22. His longtime friend Judd Apatow, the director who gave him his first big on-screen break in the TV series Undeclared, was the one who recommended him for the gig.
23. Kevin and Torrei Hart filed for divorce in February 2010, citing irreconcilable differences. Hart requested joint custody of their two children, daughter Heaven (12) and son Hendrix (9).
24. Hart’s relationship with his father improved after the latter recovered from his addiction. Hart said, “My dad said I was supposed to be on drugs. I was like, ‘Dad, shut up,’ but then I thought about it, and it was stupid, but it made sense. He was saying that basically he was my example to never go down that road.”
25. Hart also talks about his mother in his stand-up routine, portraying her as a loving, yet intimidating woman. She died from cancer in 2007.
26. On August 18, 2014, Hart proposed to Eniko Parrish.
27. They married on August 13, 2016 near Santa Barbara, California. On May 14, 2017, Hart and Parrish announced that they were expecting their first child, a boy, together.
28. On April 14, 2013, Hart was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving after his black Mercedes nearly collided with a tanker truck on a Southern California freeway. Hart failed a field sobriety test and was booked for misdemeanor DUI. On August 5, 2013, Hart was sentenced to three years of probation after pleading no contest to one count of driving under the influence of alcohol.