Kate Walsh is an American actress and businesswoman. Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about her!
1.Her full name is Kathleen Erin Walsh.
2. She was born October 13, 1967.
3. Kate Walsh was born in San Jose, California.
4. She grew up in a Roman Catholic household in Tucson, Arizona.
5. Her father is Irish, being a native of Navan, County Meath, and her mother is of Italian descent.
6. Her mother lives in Nevada. Walsh has four older siblings: two sisters and two brothers. Her brothers, Seán and Joe, are filmmakers.
7. Kate Walsh attended Catalina Magnet High School for three years before transferring to and graduating from Rincon High School.
8. She later studied at the University of Arizona, where she got involved in regional theater
9. Before modeling, Walsh worked at Burger King and Dairy Queen. She began as a model in Japan in the 1980s where she also taught English
10. Later she moved to Chicago and worked with the Piven Theatre Workshop. She also performed on National Public Radio in the production of the radio play Born Guilty.
11. Walsh later moved to New York City and joined the comedy troupe Burn Manhattan on June 27, 1987, performing in a number of Off-Broadway plays.
12. After playing Cathy Buxton in the Homicide: Life on the Street episode “Stakeout” in 1996 and Navy Lieutenant Kirstin Blair in the Law & Order episode “Navy Blues”, her first major television appearance was in 1997, when she appeared on The Drew Carey Show as Drew Carey’s love interest, Nicki Fifer. She wore a fatsuit in some episodes of the show, as the Nicki character was a formerly obese woman who lost weight and slowly started to gain it back.
13. She went on to portray Carol Nelson in HBO’s The Mind of the Married Man television series, and played Norm Macdonald’s romantic interest in the sitcom The Norm Show.
14. Kate Walsh also made a guest appearance on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as Mimosa, a transsexual. She sometimes appeared in sketches on Late Night with Conan O’Brien. She had a recurring role on Karen Sisco as Detective Marley Novak in 2003 and 2004.
15. In 2005, she was cast in her breakout role in the ABC series Grey’s Anatomy, as Dr. Addison Montgomery, the estranged spouse of Derek Shepherd (“Dr. McDreamy”, played by Patrick Dempsey).
16. In April 2007, Walsh began dating 20th Century Fox executive Alex Young.
17. They were first spotted having lunch together in 2006, and then went public with their relationship by attending a Barack Obama fundraiser in Los Angeles, which was co-hosted by Young.
18. Young proposed to Walsh during a trip to San Francisco, California.They married on September 1, 2007 at the Ojai Presbyterian Church in Ojai, California. On December 11, 2008, Young filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences; the official date of separation in the divorce petition was listed as November 22.
19. On December 24, 2008, Walsh counterfiled for divorce, contesting the date of separation listed in Young’s divorce papers. The divorce was finalized on February 5, 2010.
20. Since the summer of 2007, Walsh has been the spokesperson for Narcolepsy Network, working to promote national awareness of narcolepsy through infomercials and DVDs.
21. In January 2008, Walsh participated in a video for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama called, “Yes We Can”, produced by will.i.am of The Black Eyed Peas.
22. In July 2008, Walsh was nominated as a candidate on the Unite for Strength slate for a place on the national governing board of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) in elections scheduled for September 18, 2008.
23. On September 18, 2008, Walsh was elected to serve on the SAG board for a three-year term. Walsh ran as a candidate with the Unite for Strength party who won six of the 11 Hollywood Division seats which were up for contention in the recent Screen Actor’s Guild National Board elections.
24. Kate Walsh supports pet adoption and frequently campaigns for the cause.
25. During the 2016 election, Walsh was a very strong supporter of Hillary Clinton. She not only publicly endorsed her, but also campaigned for her several times in California, Arizona, and Virginia.