James Marsden is an American actor, singer and former Versace model. He is best known for his role as Cyclops at X-men! Let’s see some amazing facts and trivia about him!
1.His full name is James Paul Marsden.
2. He was born September 18, 1973)[
3. James Marsden was born in Stillwater, Oklahoma, the son of Kathleen (née Scholtz) and James Luther Marsden.
4. His father, head of food safety at Chipotle Mexican Grill and formerly a professor of animal sciences and industry at Kansas State University, and his mother, a nutritionist, divorced when he was nine years old.
5. His ancestry includes English, Scottish, German, and distant French.
6. He has four siblings: two younger sisters, Jennifer and Elizabeth, and two brothers, Jeff and Robert.
7. He attended Hefner Middle School and Putnam City North High School, in Oklahoma City, and later went on to attend Oklahoma State University, where he studied broadcast journalism.
8. He was also a member of Delta Tau Delta fraternity.
9. James Marsden left after one and a half years, opting instead to move to Los Angeles in order to pursue his acting career.
10. Marsden got his first job on a series of episodes of The Nanny as Eddie, Margaret Sheffield’s boyfriend.
11. Then he went on to star in the Canadian television series Boogies Diner, which aired for one season.
12. With the end of that series, he guest starred on other television shows such as Saved by the Bell: The New Class and Party of Five.
13. He later starred in the ABC show Second Noah.
14. He lost out to Edward Norton for a role in Primal Fear and turned down the lead role in 54, which later went to Ryan Phillippe.
14. He then went on to star in Disturbing Behavior opposite Katie Holmes and Gossip opposite Kate Hudson.
15. Healso appeared in the television series Ally McBeal, as one of the main cast members during the first half of season 5, where he also showcased his singing abilities.
16. He also starred in a 1998 episode of “The Outer Limits”
17. James Marsden was cast as Cyclops in the X-Men films. His character is prominent in the comics; his screen time in the films, however, is increasingly reduced, particularly in the sequels.
18. Notably, Marsden also appeared in Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns. Singer dropped out of the third installment to direct Superman and Marsden was cast as Lois Lane’s fiancé, Richard White, but due to schedule conflicts, Marsden’s screen time in X-Men: The Last Stand was reduced, stirring controversy from fans of the comics.
19. James Marsden’s portrayal of Cyclops in the films was well received and garnered him a Blockbuster Award for Best Supporting Actor.
20. In 2014, after his character had died in the The Last Stand, Marsden reprised his role of Cyclops in a brief cameo for X-Men: Days of Future Past, as did a few of the original actors from the first film including Anna Paquin and Famke Janssen.
21. In 2004, Marsden co-starred with Rachel McAdams, Ryan Gosling, James Garner and Gena Rowlands in the romantic drama The Notebook based on the Nicholas Sparks novel of the same name as Lon Hammond, Jr., the second man Allie Hamilton (McAdams) falls in love with.
22. He was apparently cast for his close resemblance to Garner, who played the older Noah Calhoun, while Gosling portraying the younger Noah Calhoun looked nothing like Garner.
23. In 2007, Marsden played Corny Collins in the film adaptation of the Broadway musical Hairspray, based on the 1988 John Waters film of the same name. In which he sang two songs, “The Nicest Kids In Town” and “(It’s) Hairspray.”
24. Both “Hairspray” and the its soundtrack were critically acclaimed, the latter of which has since sold over 1,200,000 copies to date in the United States and was certified Platinum by the RIAA.
25. His next role was with Amy Adams in the Disney hybrid animated/live action film Enchanted, playing Prince Edward.
26. He sang one song as a duet with Adams at the beginning of the film and a duet with Idina Menzel that was cut from the film.
27. Enchanted was well received critically and proved to be a commercial success, earning more than $340 million worldwide at the box office.
28. Marsden played the male lead in the 2008 romantic comedy 27 Dresses opposite star Katherine Heigl, which grossed $160 million worldwide.
29. He also starred in the teen comedy Sex Drive.
30. Marsden also received a Teen Choice Awards nomination for Choice Movie Actor in a Comedy for his roles in Enchanted and 27 Dresses.
31. In 2009, Marsden also played the male lead in the film The Box, based on the 1970 short story “Button, Button” by author Richard Matheson, which was earlier made into an episode of The Twilight Zone.
32. He starred opposite Cameron Diaz and re-united with Superman Returns co-star Frank Langella.
33. In 2010, Marsden was cast in the comedy Death at a Funeral along with Chris Rock, Luke Wilson, Danny Glover and Columbus Short, which was a remake of the 2007 British film of the same name.
34. Marsden made an appearance on ABC’s Modern Family in January 2011, playing a homeless squatter of Cam and Mitchell.
35. In April, Marsden appeared as the male (live-action) lead in Hop, an Easter-themed comedy co-starring Russell Brand as the Easter Bunny.
36. Although the film was considered a commercial success, opening at the top of the arture from previous roles, the film received mixed reviews and ultimately ended up being a box office flop.
37. In 2013, he co-starred with Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg in the action film 2 Guns, which debuted at number one in its weekend release beating out the animated film The Smurfs 2 which came in second. Soon after, he starred in Lee Daniels’ historical drama The Butler as President John F. Kennedy.
38. Marsden played Jack Lime in Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, a rival reporter to Will Ferrell’s Ron Burgundy.
39. He would also star in his second Nicholas Sparks film titled The Best of Me, replacing Paul Walker in the lead role.
40. James Marsden married actress Mary Elizabeth “Lisa” Linde, daughter of country music songwriter Dennis Linde, on July 22, 2000.
41. The couple have two children: son Jack Holden who was born on February 1, 2001 and daughter Mary James who was born on August 10, 2005.
42. Linde filed for divorce on September 23, 2011.
43. Marsden also has a son, William Luca Costa-Marsden, born on December 14, 2012, with former girlfriend Rose Costa