Chad Michael Murray (born August 24, 1981) is an American actor, spokesperson, writer and former fashion model. Let’s see some awesome facts and trivia about him!
1.Chad means: warlike, warrior
2. He has English, Irish, Polish, German, and Swiss-German ancestry.
3. Chad Michael Murray was born in Buffalo, New York.
4. His favorite football team is the Buffalo Bills
5. His first job was when he was 10 delivering newspapers, then when he turned 14 he started working as a janitor at the local doughnut shop.
6. His favorite book is “Catcher in the Rye” by J.D. Salinger.
7. He is the son of Rex Murray, an air traffic controller, and was abandoned by his mother at a young age.
8. His abandonment issues were the main reasons he took the part of Lucas Scott.
9. He has three brothers, one half-brother and one sister.
10. Chad Murray is of Polish, English, Japanese, Irish, German, and Swiss-German descent
11. Chad Murray attended Clarence High School in Clarence, New York.
12. He became a fan of literature, and was heavily involved in playing football.
13. He has stated that if he wasn’t a actor he would love to be a pediatrician.
14. In his late teens, he broke his nose. This led to reports during his career that he had received a nose job. Murray clarified in a 2004 interview, “I got jumped in a Burger King when I was 18 and had my nose put on the other side of my face. It was three guys – what the hell was I supposed to do? The doctors didn’t even bother running X-rays. They just reset it. But it wasn’t a nose job – I hate the fact that people say it was a nose job!
15. In 1999, Murray headed for Hollywood where he supported himself modeling for such clients as Skechers, Tommy Hilfiger and Gucci.
16. Then he was cast in the role of rich brat,Tristan DuGrey on Gilmore Girls; which was one of the main characters in the first season of the series and then became a recurring character thereafter.
17. He appeared in several guest starring television roles, including an episode of Undressed and an episode of Diagnosis: Murder.
18. Murray portrayed the role Charlie Todd on the successful television seriesDawson’s Creek in 2001.
19. In 2003, he appeared in television film, Aftermath: A Long Way Home.
20. Murray then appeared in the Walt Disney Pictures feature film, Freaky Friday alongside Lindsay Lohan and Jamie Lee Curtis.
21. The film was a major box office success, garnering a total of $110,222,438 in the United States alone.
22. Critics were mostly positive in their reviews of the film, and the film garnered a “B” grade on Yahoo! Movies and an 88% “Certified Fresh” approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
23. Murray also appeared in the television film The Lone Ranger where he portrayed the role of Luke Hartman.
24. Later in the year of 2003, Murray won the main role of Lucas Scott in the successful WB television series One Tree Hill. The series quickly became the channel’s biggest hit with over 4.50 million viewers on the first season’s finale.
25. The series was The WB’s most successful and top rated television program when it first aired in 2003 and continued receiving top ratings for The CW.
26. The series also earned Murray numerous awards, including two Teen Choice Awards, and spawned a book series which was successful among critics who praised the cast’s performances and the original story lines.
27. After Chad Michael Murray gained mainstream fame and media exposure, he also became a spokesperson for several high-profile deals. He and his One Tree Hill co-stars were the official endorsers for MasterCard and K-Mart.
28. They endorsed the Cingular Wireless and Chevy Cobalt.
29. Following Murray’s starring role on One Tree Hill, he appeared on the cover of several mainstream magazines such as Rolling Stone and People.
30. That same year, he was voted as one of “TV’s Sexiest Guys” in People magazine.
31. In 2004, Murray starred in the romantic comedy A Cinderella Story with Hilary Duff. Though the reviews were mostly negative, the film went on to become a moderate box office success, earning $70.1 million worldwide.
32. In 2005, Murray starred in House of Wax. The film grossed $12 million in its first day.
33. The film led to 2005 Teen Choice Awards wins in several categories.
34. Later that year, Murray appeared on the cover of Teen People magazine.
35. In 2010, Murray played Alicia Keys’s love interest in her music video for “Un-Thinkable (I’m Ready).
35. Chad Michael Murray released a novel in September 2011, titled Everlast.
36. Murray became engaged to his One Tree Hill co-star Sophia Bush in May 2004,and they married on April 16, 2005 in Santa Monica, California.
37. Following his separation from Bush, Murray began dating Kenzie Dalton,whom he met in 2005 when Dalton, a first runner-up in the 2005 Miss North Carolina Teen USA pageant.
38. She was an extra on One Tree Hill.
39. They became engaged in April 2006, but in August 2013, they called off their seven-year engagement.
40. Chad Michael Murray dated his Left Behind co-star Nicky Whelan from October 2013 to May 2014.
41. Later in 2014, Murray began dating his Chosen co-star Sarah Roemer.
42. In January 2015, it was announced that he and Roemer had married, and were expecting their first child.
43. They announced that Roemer gave birth to their son on May 31, 2015.
44. His height is 1.83m!