Adam Sandler is an American actor, comedian, screenwriter, film producer, and musician.
Let’s see some intriguing facts about him!
1. Adam Richard Sandler was born September 9, 1966 in Brooklyn, New York.
2. His parents were Judith “Judy”, a nursery school teacher, and Stanley Sandler, an electrical engineer.
3. His family is Jewish and descends from Russian and Israeli immigrants on both sides.
4. He grew up in Manchester, New Hampshire after moving there at the age of six.
5. He attended Manchester Central High School.
6. As a teen, Sandler was in BBYO, a popular Jewish youth group.
7. Sandler graduated from New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts in 1988.
8. Early in his career, Sandler played Theo Huxtable’s friend, Smitty in The Cosby Show and the Stud Boy or Trivia Delinquent in the MTV game show Remote Control.
9. After his film debut Going Overboard in 1989, Sandler performed in comedy clubs, having first taken the stage at his brother’s urging when he was 17. He was discovered by comedian Dennis Miller, who caught Sandler’s act in Los Angeles and recommended him to Saturday Night Live producer Lorne Michaels.
10. Sandler was hired as a writer for SNL in 1990 and became a featured player the following year, making a name for himself by performing amusing original songs on the show, including “The Thanksgiving Song” and “The Chanukah Song”.
11. Sandler told Conan O’Brien on The Tonight Show that NBC fired him and Chris Farley from the show in 1995
12. He is best known for his comedic roles, such as in the films Billy Madison (1995), the sports comedies Happy Gilmore (1996) and The Waterboy (1998), the romantic comedy The Wedding Singer (1998), Big Daddy (1999), and Mr. Deeds (2002), and voicing Dracula in Hotel Transylvania (2012) and Hotel Transylvania 2 (2015).
13. He has ventured into more dramatic territory with his roles in Punch-Drunk Love (2002), Spanglish (2004), Reign Over Me (2007), and Funny People (2009).
14. Sandler has released five comedy albums in his career. They’re All Gonna Laugh at You! (1993) and What the Hell Happened to Me? (1996) are both certified double-platinum. In 1999, Sandler founded Happy Madison Productions.
15. On June 22, 2003, Sandler married actress Jacqueline Titone. Titone converted to Sandler’s religion, Judaism, in 2000.
16. The couple have two daughters: Sadie (born 2006) and Sunny (born 2008).
17. In 2007, Sandler made a $1 million donation to the Boys and Girls Club in his hometown, Manchester, New Hampshire.
18. The same year, he donated $2,100 to former New York City Republican mayor Rudy Giuliani’s presidential campaign.[
19. His nickname is Sandman.
20. Sandler lived with writer and director Judd Apatow when they were both starting out. The two would finally work together in 2009’s Funny People.
21. It’s believed that Sandler never writes his stand-up comedy acts; he just goes up there cold and thinks of his jokes on the spot.
22. His net worth is $300 million.