Ofenly dubbed as one of the worst films of the last decade, The Last Airbender has received mostly negative reviews, getting a 6% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a 4.4 out of 10 rating in IMDb. However, the movie is a not-so-proud owner of 5 awards that you can be sure the production team doesn’t really want in their offices.
To be exact, the movie has won 5 Golden Raspberries for
- Worst Picture
- Worst Director
- Worst Screenplay
- Worst Supporting Actor
- Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of 3D
The director M. Night Shyamalan, has directed one of the best 250 films of all time according to IMDb but his rating is since going downhill:
- The Sixth Sense has an IMDb rating of 8.2
- Signs has an IMDb rating of 6.7
- The Village has an IMDb rating of 6.5
- Lady In The Water has an IMDb rating of 5.6
- The Happening has an IMDb rating of 5.1
- The Last Airbender has an IMDb rating of 4.4
- After Earth has an IMDb rating of 4.9, though ratings tend to fall long after the release of a movie and there is a good chance to end up under 4.4 in a year.