Guinness beer is one of the most successful in the world, selling more than 1.5 billion pints annually. Did you know it is also one of the lightest beers in the world, having less calories than skimmed milk and orange juice?
Other interesting facts about Guinness include:
- Guinness contains nitrogen. This is the reason Guinness is one of the few frizzy liquids that you see bubbles going down instead of going up.
- Guinness’ foam is neither a liquid, nor a solid nor a gas. It considered to behave as all three.
- Guinness beer is actually red but because of the way the light scatters around the liquid it looks much darker – almost black.
- Since its ingredients are beneficial to the heart, the first slogan was “Guinness is good for you”.
- In recent years, and since alcohol is not beneficial at all, Diageo that markets the beer does not want and is not allowed to make any medical claims.