Rachel Roy (born 1974) is a fashion designer. Let’s see some interesting facts about her!
1.She was raised in Seaside, California, in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
2.Her brother Rajendra Roy is chief film curator of the Museum of Modern Art in New York City.
3. Her mother is Dutch and her Madras-born father is Bengali Indian.
4. Roy attended Columbia Union College (also called Washington Adventist University) in Takoma Park, Maryland
5. She left to move to New York where she worked as a wardrobe stylist and interned at the fashion label Rocawear.
6. In 2004, Roy launched her eponymous fashion collection.
7. In early 2006, Roy received a Bollywood industry award for her contribution to American fashion.
8. Roy has also received publicity in the teen market, including in Teen Vogue; in their April 2009 issue, Rachel did a “how to,” where she transforms a regular T-shirt into an edgy prom dress.
9. In August 2009, Roy launched The RACHEL Rachel Roy collection, an affordable diffusion line of sportswear, shoes and accessories. The label “RACHEL Rachel Roy” is available exclusively at Macy’s in the United States and at The Bay in Canada.
10. In summer 2009, Roy and Grammy Award-winning British pop singer Estelle announced via Roy’s Twitter feed their collaboration on a jewelry line for the Spring 2010 RACHEL Rachel Roy collection.
11. Rachel Roy’s clients include Michelle Obama, Diane Sawyer, Kate Hudson, Jennifer Garner, Kim Kardashian, Iman, Lucy Liu, Sharon Stone, Tyra Banks, Wendy Williams, and Penélope Cruz.
12. Rachel Roy and Damon Dash married in late 2004 or in 2005.(sources differ). They have two daughters.
13. Damon Dash was Jay Z’s former business partner!
14. Racher Roy and Damon Dash divorced in 2009. She and her daughters were granted three-year restraining orders against him.
15. Due to an Instagram post made by Roy, many have speculated she is the “Becky with the good hair” Beyoncé referred to on the song “Sorry,” taken from the album Lemonade.
16. Rachel Roy has been the target of Beyonce’s fans, including some who edited her Wikipedia page:
Rachel Roy’s Wikipedia page ?? pic.twitter.com/GSzpi79CPn
— WORLDSTARHIPHOP (@WORLDSTAR) April 24, 2016
17. Rachel Roy was previously connected to the elevator fight between Jay Z & Beyonce’s Sister, Solange Was Previously Connected to the Elevator Fight Between Jay Z & Beyonce’s Sister, Solange