The fashion world is devastated with the death of fashion designer, Kate Spade.
Kate Spade was reported dead on June 5th and was found by her house keeper in her apartment in New York. Unfortunately, the designer decided to end her life and she left a note behind explaining the reason that made her commit suicide to her daughter.
She was known for the way she wanted people to see accessories and how she added colors in the fashion world.
These are some facts you should know about Kate Spade:
- Kate Spade was born December 24, 1962.
- Her real name was Katherine Noel Brosnahan.
- She was born in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Kate Spade was of mostly Irish descent.
- She graduated all-girl Catholic high school, St. Teresa’s Academy.
- She attended Arizona State University, and graduated with a degree in journalism in 1985.
- She was a Kappa Kappa Gamma in University!
- In 1986 she started working for at Mademoiselle in Manhattan, in the accessories department.
- She was credited in the magazine’s masthead by her maiden name, as Katy Brosnahan.
- She left Mademoiselle in 1991. She had the title of senior fashion editor/head of accessories.
- After Mademoiselle she discovered her passion for accessories and she thought that the fashion industry was lacking in creative accessories.
- She was married to David Spade’s brother, Andy Spade.
- In January 1993 she and Andy Spade launched the brand «Kate Spade handbags».
- In 1996, the Kate Spade brand opened its first boutique, a 400-square-foot shop located in Manhattan’s trendy Soho district.
- «Manners», «Occasions», and «Style» were three books she wrote and shared her personal style.
- Frances Beatrix Spade is the name of her daughter .
- Rachel Brosnahan is Kate Spade’s niece.
- The the Council of Fashion Designers of America awarded Kate Spade “America’s New Fashion Talent in Accessories” for her classic designs in 1996.
- She was honored again in 1998 as “Best Accessory Designer of the Year”.
- She committed suicide and died in June 5, 2018.