Joyce Meyer is one of the world’s leading Bible teachers and speakers who has her own syndicated television and radio program called “Enjoying Everyday Life”. She is the leader of Joyce Meyer Ministries worldwide. She is a New York Times bestselling author, and her books have helped millions of people find hope and restoration through Jesus Christ.
1. She has a magazine titled “Enjoying Everyday Life”.
2. Joyce started as a local Bible teacher in 1976, then became an associate pastor of a church in St. Louis, Missouri in 1980. She became an ordained minister in 1981. In 1985 her ministry was titled “Life in the Word”.
3. By 2003, Joyce’s ministry grew by leaps and bounds and soon she was teaching citywide, statewide, countrywide and now worldwide through Joyce Meyer Ministries and her television, radio and magazine titles were changed to “Enjoying Everyday Life”. She teaches on hundreds of subjects based on her experience and how she applies the Bible to every facet of her life.
4. Joyce holds an earned PhD in theology from Life Christian University in Tampa, Florida, an honorary doctorate in Divinity from Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and an honorary doctorate in Sacred Theology from Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, Arizona.
5. Joyce has authored over 90 self-help non-fiction books and a handful of fiction books.
6. Joyce was abused by her father growing up and by her first husband. Through God’s Word, she was able to forgive these men. Joyce is a breast cancer survivor. She believes and teaches that regardless of a person’s background or past mistakes, God has a place for them and can help them on their path to enjoying everyday life.
7. Joyce and her husband, Dave, have been married for over forty years, and they are the parents of four grown children. Dave and Joyce Meyer make their home in St. Louis, Missouri. All four of Joyce’s children are involved in some facet of Christian ministry.
8. Time magazine selected her as one of the most influential evangelical leaders in America in 2005. Joyce does not consider herself a televangelist or an evangelist. She considers herself a Bible teacher.
9. Joyce’s husband, Dave, travels with Joyce and speaks at every conference on the topic of America and patriotism.
10. Her preferred Bible translation that she uses when she teaches is The Amplified Bible.