You can read them in the list below!
1. Her birth name is Tahliah Debrett Barnett.
2. She is an English electropop singer-songwriter who released her debut full-length album, the critically-acclaimed LP1, in 2014. T
3. The album was nominated for the Mercury Prize as the best U.K. album of the year.
4. Before launching her solo career, she worked as a backup dancer for the likes of Kylie Minogue, Ed Sheeran, Taio Cruz and Jessie J. She was more than qualified for the job, being classically trained in ballet and tap dance.
5. Her stage name is derived from her nickname as a child, “Twigs.” The “FKA” portion stands for “Formerly Known As.”
6. According to her twitter, FKA twigs still remembers her first kiss, which was at the age of 16 to the soundtrack of Nelly’s ‘Dilemma’.
7. When asked her feelings on being classed by some as alt-R&B: “It’s just because I’m mixed race,” she told the Guardian, “When I first released music and no one knew what I looked like, I would read comments like: ‘I’ve never heard anything like this before, it’s not in a genre.’ And then my picture came out six months later, now she’s an R&B singer.”
8. In April 2015, she got engaged to Twilight star Robert Pattinson.
9. The ‘twigs’ in her name refers to the way her joints crack when she dances, with the FKA part standing for ‘formerly known as’ after the group ‘The Twigs’ complained that her name was similar to theirs.
10. Born to a Spanish-English mother and Jamaican father, twigs was raised by her mother and stepfather, not meeting her biological father until she was eighteen. Undeniably, performing is in her genes as both her birth parents were dancers themselves.
11. FKA twigs told Red Bull Music Academy that the first singers who had an impact on her were Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald and Marvin Gaye.
12. She’s a Catholic school girl. Although she was from a low income household, the singer attended St. Edward’s School in Cheltenham on scholarship.